Are you a woman entrepreneur with big plans? Are you a woman with the vision and passion for growing your company? If you are a high-potential woman entrepreneur or wish to nominate someone for the EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women program,…
Lesotho is a budding country that has made great improvements, in its educational system. In this article, all about the country, its tertiary education and available scholarships shall be discussed in detail.
Lesotho is a country landlocked in Southern Africa. It is a country that has suffered quite a number of political conflicts notwithstanding, but has emerged from them even stronger, and is now poised for more development.
The country also runs a constitutional monarchial system of governance.
Tertiary Education in Lesotho
Education in Lesotho has been amended positively, by the government. It (the government), aims to improve the relevance of academic programs offered at its tertiary institutions, by meeting the needs of students interested in higher education, and the government has done this, through the provision of free education and educational materials at the secondary level.
Top Tertiary Institutions in Lesotho
- National University of Lesotho (NUL)
- Botho University
- Limkokwing University of Creative Technology (LUCT)
- Lerotholi Polytechnic (LP)
- Lesotho College of Education (LCE)
- Lesotho Agricultural College (LCA)
- Maluti Adventist College (MAC)
- Lesotho Institute of Public Administration and Management (LIPAM)
- Centre for Accounting Studies (CAS)
- National Health Training College (NHTC)
- Roma College of Nursing (RCN)
- Concordia University, Scholarship 2020-2021
Concord University of Edmonton, is offering undergraduate scholarships to international students in 2020.
For almost a century, Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) has been an important educational institution in Alberta. It is recognized worldwide as a university committed to academic excellence in teaching and research, welcoming each year more than 2,000 students from more than 40 countries around the world.
This scholarship is available for students, wishing to study any of the courses offered by the University.
Eligible countries: All countries
Scholarship Funding: Scholarship amount per year: 5000 Canadian dollars.
Interval per Year: Less than 10,000 Canadian Dollars
- Applicants must have finished secondary school education
- Applicants that have completed an unaccredited program at a post-secondary institution and obtained 9 transfer credits or less are also eligible to apply
- Applicants must be enrolled in an art, management, or science program.
- The application must be enrolled in at least 80% of a full course load (12 credits) per semester. Recipients whose registration is less than the required minimum of 80% will immediately lose their scholarship.
How to apply: You can start your application by visiting the official website
Wells Mountain Foundation Scholarship
The Wells Mountain Foundation provides undergraduate scholarships to students in developing countries. The scholarship is made possible through the Foundation’s Empowerment Through Education Program (ETE)
The Foundation believes in the importance of community service; therefore all scholarship recipients are required to volunteer for community service for at least 100 hours in a year.
Institution of Study: The scholarship funds your education in your home country or another developing country.
Fields of study: The scholarship funds your Bachelor’s degree in any course of study in the institution of your choice. Notwithstanding, students are encouraged to study courses that will be of great benefit to society; e.g. Sciences, Engineering, Law, e.t.c
Number of scholarships: About 20-40 scholarships per year
- Applicant should be under 35 years old and must have had good grades while in secondary school
- Applicant should be pursuing his/her first degree in their home country
- Applicant should show commitment towards helping the society
- Applicants should have plans to work in their country after graduation
Applicants that have some other funds available for his or her education, but will not be able to fully fund their education, are also eligible.
ETE scholarships range from $300 USD to $3000 USD annually and are provided throughout the undergraduate education of the recipient. The average scholarship amount is $1400. The scholarship fund can be used to cover tuition, books, and other study materials, accommodation, and other expenses.
How to apply
Applying for the Empowerment through Education (ETE) program requires that you must submit a complete application through the online scholarship application portal, or through Postal services, but the former is advised.
In summary, Lesotho has reiterated its support for the education of its citizens, and so, this article tries to justify that, also many of it’s citizens are eligible to apply for the above scholarship programs.
The following scholarships are offered for African students from Lesotho to study at national and international universities. How to apply.
The Young African Leaders Initiative Regional Leadership Center Southern Africa (YALI RLC-SA) and the Trevor Noah Foundation have partnered to invest in a new generation of young African champions for education quality. Application…
Applications for the YALI Regional Leadership Center Southern Africa is now open. The RLC SA will, in collaboration with its partners, develop the 21st century skills that are the indispensable currency for participation, achievement and…
University of Sussex is now offering the Mandela Scholarship consisting of a Full Fee Waiver and Maintenance to African students for the 2020/2021 admission year. Application Deadline: 26th April 2020 0:00 (GMT) Eligible Countries:…
Ruth First Educational Trust Scholarships 2020/2021 for Southern African Students to Study at Durham…
The Ruth First Educational Trust is seeking applications for its Scholarship program to enable southern African students from historically disadvantaged backgrounds to undertake postgraduate study at the University of Durham. Application…