East Africa Fellows Program for East African Countries 2012
Scholarship Name: East Africa Fellows Program
The 2012 East Africa Fellowship offered by Acumen Fund is aimed at identifying and training East African leaders in Business, Nonprofit and government for social innovation
Accepted Subject Areas?
Social change models in other countries
Acumen Fund seeks to identify and train these next generation leaders united by a common mission of harnessing the power of social innovation to create solutions to East Africa’s most pressing problems. Hundreds of NGOs exist in East Africa, and millions of dollars in foreign assistance reach the region each year, yet people are still living in poverty. For real development to happen in East Africa, it must take a drastically different direction. This new direction must be defined by a bold set of East African business, nonprofit, and government leaders.
Scholarship Type: East Africa Leadership Fellowship
Who is qualified to apply?
The sponsors are seeking candidates with bold ideas, and a track record of leadership. While each Fellow comes from a diverse background and brings a unique skill set to the table, we have identified some key indicators of a successful Fellow:
- A compelling project with significant social impact that you have been driving for at least 2-3 years
- A deep passion and commitment to the East African region
- A proven track record of leadership and management responsibilities
- Unrelenting perseverance, personal integrity and critical thinking skills
Eligible African Countries
East Africa: Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, and Burundi
What time of year does Application Close?
Application Deadline is August 5, 2012
The selection process for this program is very rigorous and takes place over 3 months. Here is a general timeline of the process:
- Online Application: June 21 to August 5 2012
- Telephone Interviews: mid / late August
- Selection Conference: September
- Finalists Announced: October
Offered annually? Yes
How can I Apply?
The online application consists of five parts:
- Background information on both you and your social change project
- Your responses to short & long answer questions
- 2 references
- Your resume or CV (to be uploaded)
To view a step-by-step guide about how to successfully fill out the application with the appropriate information, including guidance on how to best answer the essay questions, please see link below.
If you are unable to submit an application online because of internet connectivity issues, you may send a paper application. See link below for the application form and mailing instructions.
How can I get more information?
If you need more Information about this scholarship, kindly visit the Scholarship Webpage
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
5 Signs You Are Living Above Your Means
10 Warning Signs You Need to Change Career
7 Lessons from the 2020 Pandemic and Economic Threat