Full scholarships are scholarship prizes that cover the majority of your college costs, more likely throughout your duration of study. Additionally, several corporate scholarships and foundation scholarship awards cover a student’s full tuition from one to four years of enrollment.
This includes tuition, books, fees, room, and board, and possibly even living costs. The goal is to remove any need for additional financial aid.
How to Get Full Scholarships
Here are some things you can do to increase your chances of earning a full scholarship.
- Start preparing early
- Search online for available opportunities
- Participate in extracurricular activities
- Strive for academic excellence
- Choose challenging courses
- Develop & hone your leadership skills
- Build relationships with your mentors
Top Ten Fully Funded Scholarships for African Students
Genevieve McMillan-Reba Stewart Foundation Scholarship
The scholarship commemorates late Genevieve McMillan’s enthusiasm for the African continent. It lends entry to France’s higher education technique to praiseworthy African students from Sub-Saharan African countries. Victorious students will receive a scholarship enclosing the full tuition fees every year for the period of their undergraduate studies program. The cost of living expenses may also be given. This scholarship is only for undergraduates.
- Applicant must be a citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country
- Applicant must have attained their high school education in a Sub-Saharan African country
Graduate Research Scholarships at University College London
This scholarship strives to entice high-quality students to embark on research in 2020. There are twenty-five scholarships given annually from any country. This scholarship encloses tuition of £5,314 plus a maintenance stipend of £17, 432 for full-time study. If consented, funding begins at the start of the next academic session.
- Scholarships are granted on the rationale of academic merit and research capability.
- Applicant must be in receipt of an offer of admission for a full or part-time research degree program
- Current students may apply, those entering their third year of research will commonly only be considered for allocation in remarkable circumstances
Wells Mountain Initiative Scholarship Program
It is a highly robust scholarship recourse for students in developing countries. This scholarship aid students who are achieving their first certificate, bachelor’s degree or diploma. The duration of this scholarship is throughout years of undergraduate education. Each year, 50- 60 scholarships are given. The maximum for this scholarship is $3,000 per year. It supports tuition, material, and books, etc
- Applicant must have successfully completed secondary education with favorable and outstanding grades
- Must be from the developing world
- Must be undergoing his or her first bachelor’s degree
- Plans to live and work in his or her own country after graduation
- Is 35 years or under on March 1, 2020
- Has exemplified his/her obligation to give back and has volunteered before applying
- ApplicanThe applicant enrolled in a program of research that will assist the community or home country
- The applicant may have some other funds accessible for his/her education, but will no be able to go to seek his/her tertiary degree without financial aid.
Boustany Foundation MBA Scholarship at Cambridge University, UK
This scholarship is granted once every two years for a year course at Cambridge University. It offers financial assistance amounting to £23,000 which includes tuition, accommodation, and travel expenses.
- Applicants from any nation can apply
- Applicants must have extraordinary academic knowledge and show substantial promise
- Applicants may apply only after receiving an offer of admission from the Cambridge MBA program
Yousef Jameel Public Leadership Program
The objective of this scholarship is to build the ability of young competent Egyptian nationals in the field of public policy and public administration and readying them for leadership positions in Egypt. It covers tuition, activities fees and student service, remedial English courses, monthly allowance bus transport fares, accommodation allowance, book allowance per semester.
- It is for Egyptian nationals
- Minimum grade point average of 3.2
- Have a bachelor degree from an accredited university
- Minimum of 2 and a maximum of 12 years of relevant professional work experience after receiving their bachelor’s degree.
The Standard Bank Derek Cooper Africa Scholarships at London School of Economics
It is financed by Standard Bank of South Africa Plc. They provide an amazing opportunity of grant for students who are ordinarily resident in one of Standard Bank African presence countries. It covers tuition and maintenance allowance for living costs.
- Applicants are to be residents of Nigeria, South Africa, South Sudan, Ghana, Angola, Kenya, and Mozambique
Chinese Government Scholarship
This scholarship aims to support Chinese universities in certain provinces to enlist excellent international students for graduate studies in China. University of Science and Technology in China is valid to enlist full-time masters and doctoral students under the Chinese government scholarship. It covers tuition, medical insurance, accommodation allowance, and waiver.
- Applicant must be non-Chinese citizens
- Master’s students must have a bachelor’s degree and under age 35 while under age 40 for doctoral students
- Must not be a registered student in Chinese universities at the time of applying.
CFP- Emerging Scholarship Program
This is for students interested in political theology. It grants $2,000 each a student.
- Scholarship in political theology
- Scholarship of traditions other than Christianity and of geographic regions outside the United States.
Science for Weather Information and Forecasting Techniques
Fellowships for women in Africa (SWIFT): Female African weather researchers are to apply for this. It strives to broaden their experience and independence in African meteorological research.
- Applicants must be of Sub-Saharan African nationality
- Open to early-career researchers and professionals working in weather & climate research
- Fellowship application must be in tune with the SWIFT research themes
ENI Africa Prize
It offers 4 young African researchers to attend a Ph.D. in Italy. The purpose is to help a new generation of African researchers to emerge.
- Must be an African
- Have written a Master’s degree thesis relating to energy, environment & water.
We have compiled and elaborated on different full scholarships, scroll down to select your choice and apply.
Add After School Africa to your Homescreen!
Recover your password.
A password will be e-mailed to you.