Full Doctoral Scholarships
- JRC Fuwaku Scholarship at the University of London, UK 2020: This is for eligible students in the field of Japanese studies. To be eligible, candidates’ research proposals must focus on Japan.
- Hertz Fellowship Program 2020-2021 (Fully-funded): The Hertz Foundation provides exciting financial support to outstanding PhD Students of Physical, Biological and Engineering Sciences.
- POLIS PhD Scholarship at the University of Cambridge, UK, 2020: This Scholarship is organized by the University of Cambridge, and is strictly based on merit.
- Commonwealth PhD Scholarship for Candidates from least developed countries and the Fragile States in the Commonwealth for full-time Doctoral Study at a UK University.
- Singapore International Graduate Award 2020 Scholarships for PhD Study in Singapore (Fully-funded): Research areas under the PhD Programme fall under Biomedical Sciences and Physical Science & Engineering.
- The Varnier Canada Graduate Scholarship (Varnier CGS) Program 2019/2020 for Doctoral Study in Canada: It is fully-funded and worth a whopping $50,000 per year.
- New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships 2019/2020 (PhD Program in New Zealand Universities, Fully-funded).
- Mo Ibrahim Foundation Governance for Development in Africa Initiative (GDAI) 2020 PhD Scholarships in the UK (Fully-funded).
Top Universities Offering Doctoral Scholarships
- Warwick Chancellor’s International Scholarship: Hosted by the University of Warwick, UK: It covers full payment of overseas tuition fees worth up to £24,010. Candidates may be from any discipline.
- University of Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI): This Scholarship is for high quality overseas postgraduate students. It covers tuition fees, annual living allowance and overseas student health cover.
- University of Sydney International Research Scholarships (Australia): This is for postgraduate students willing to undertake a research program at the University. The Scholarship will cover tuition fees and living allowance for up to three years.
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships: This is for outstanding applicants from any country outside the UK willing to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject at the University of Cambridge. The Scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge.
- Clarendon Scholarships at the University of Oxford (UK): This is for prestigious graduates who are awarded scholarships on the basis of their academic excellence and potential, across all disciplines. It covers the full cost of study and grants for living expenses.
- Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships: This is hosted at the University of Edinburgh, and will give scholarships to outstanding overseas students for a PhD Program in any discipline.
- University of Sussex Chancellor’s International Scholarships: Awarded on the basis of academic excellence to non-EU students.
PhD Doctoral Scholarships
- Chevening Scholarships (UK): Awarded by the UK to outstanding scholars for their postgraduate studies at UK Universities.
- Endeavour Postgraduate Awards (Australia): This is for International students willing to undertake postgraduate studies (PhD 4 years) in any field of study. It is fully-funded.
- Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program (France): Sponsored by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs, it seeks to attract quality foreign students for PhD programs.
- Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships (Switzerland): Sponsored by the Swiss Government, it provides fully-funded scholarships to graduates in all fields with the option of pursuing doctoral or postdoctoral research at any public institution in Switzerland.
- Rhodes Scholarships (UK): Perhaps one of the best and most prestigious scholarships in the world, it provides postgraduate scholarships to exceptional international students. It is fully-funded.
Doctoral Scholarships For African Students
- DAAD Scholarships with Relevance to Developing Countries: This German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) provides scholarships for a range of postgraduate courses with core relevance to developing countries at German Universities.
- Italian Government Bursaries For Foreign Students: This is a doctoral Scholarship sponsored by the Italian Government for foreign students.
- Sheffield Hallam University Transform Scholarships (UK): This Scholarship is open to international students and European Union (non-UK) students.
- Developing Solutions Scholarships at the University of Nottingham (UK): This scholarship is designed for international from Africa, India or any of the developing countries of the commonwealth.
- Harding Distinguished Postgraduate Scholars Programme for International Students in the UK: It is open to outstanding students of any nationality and in any discipline.
- PhD Funding for International Students at the Queensland University of Technology, Australia 2020: This program is open to Scholars with a desire for a career in Cybersecurity. It is sponsored by the Cyber Security Cooperative Research Centre.
- Doctoral Scholarship Program “Ethics and Responsible Leadership in Business” in Germany 2020: It is available to qualified scholars from all over the world. It is sponsored by the Wittenberg Centre for Global Ethics, a non-profit think tank.
Most PhD Scholarships are intended for highly motivated scholars with quality research proposals/thesis that is likely to prove groundbreaking, but without the financial wherewithal to meet the cost of their studies. Some are from developing countries, fragile states, minority groups, selected races/ethnic backgrounds and genders.
Finally, accessing PhD Scholarships can be tricky, but with the right tools and information, you can achieve your long-held dreams of a PhD degree at a reputable, world-class Institution, fully sponsored by a willing corporate body or educational institutions. A PhD degree is the highest academic degree a person can achieve, and securing one can add a glow to your educational achievements. We hope you make good use of this list we have compiled for you.
The IsDB is pleased to announce calls for scholarship applications for the academic year 2022/2023. Application Deadline: 28th February 2022 About the Award: The Islamic Development Bank funds and implements its scholarship…
The Trudeau Foundation offers Doctoral Scholarships for Canadian Citizens and Foreign Nationals to study Social Sciences and Humanities at Canadian Universities 2021/2022. Application Deadline: 21st December 2021 To be taken at…
Government of Colombia is offering financial grants to foreign citizens, in return for international received by Colombia under existing cooperation agreements. Application Deadline: 20th December 2021 Offered Annually? Yes Eligible…
Volkswagen Stiftung Knowledge for Tomorrow – Cooperative Research Projects in Sub-Saharan Africa 2022: Volkswagen Foundation calls for application for postdoctoral fellowship aimed at extending and strengthening research in the regions of…
TWAS has instituted TWAS UNESCO Associateship Scheme, a Joint Associateship Scheme to enable competent researchers from the South to visit these centres regularly. An associate is appointed for three years during which he/she can visit a…