The Rhodes University, South Africa, through the University Council, has established the Rhodes University Postdoctoral Fellowships for a South African student. Application Deadline: 31st July 2021 To be taken at (country): Rhodes…
Rhodes University is a public research university situated in Grahamstown, South Africa. It is one of the best universities in the country and ranks fifth on the list. There is an extensive range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses to be undertaken by students from all over the world. The official website is www.ru.ac.za.
The tuition fee for undergraduate study is about $3000 per year, while the cost of living around the university is between $540 and $718 per month.
Scholarships at Rhodes University
Rhodes University Scholarships for International Students
There are ranges of scholarships offered to international students at Rhodes University. The aim of the scholarship is to aid students in studies and research. Apart from the scholarships offered by the institution, there are others offered by foundations, trusts, corporates and others. Some of them are listed below:
- Rhodes University Bachelor’s Scholarships
- Rhodes University Master’s Scholarships
- Rhodes University PhD Scholarships
Below is the list of Top Eleven University Scholarships for International Students:
- IAL Research Grants for Doctoral Studies. This is a fully-funded international scholarship offered by the Institute of Adult Learning (IAL). It is open to citizens of Singapore only. The scholarship can be taken in Singapore or Overseas. The benefit of the scholarship is $100,000 which includes tuition fees and stipends.
- HKADC Overseas Arts Administration Scholarships: the scholarship is a fully-funded international scholarship. It is awarded by The Hong Kong Arts and Development Council (ADC) and open to all international master’s degree applicants. It can be taken to pursue Art project management, arts policy and administration, curating, marketing and communication, research and analysis, as well as, development and entrepreneurship. The value of the scholarship is HJ$450,000. The scholarship can be taken at Overseas, but not in Hong Kong.
- POGO-SCOR Visiting Fellowships for Developing Countries: the scholarship is partially funded and offered by The Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR) for international students. The value of the scholarship is only living and travel allowances. It is open to all nationals.
- TEG Postgraduate Training Fellowship: the scholarship is offered by The UK Medical Research Council (MRC), available for international masters students. The scholarship can be taken for pursuing Medical Statistics. The value of the scholarship is not stated.
- National Arts Council Scholarship in Singapore: the scholarship is fully funded and offered by The National Art Council (NAC) for students from Singapore. It is open to both undergraduate and postgraduate students who wish to pursue a degree in Arts, Writing and Culture. The value of the scholarship covers tuition fees, monthly stipends and travel allowance. The scholarship can be taken in Singapore or Overseas.
- Ritchie -Jennings Memorial Scholarship Programme: the scholarship is a partially funded scholarship offered by The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE). It is open to both undergraduate and postgraduate students of all countries and can be taken for pursuing Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Criminal Justice Anti-Fraud Prevention. The scholarship is worth between $1000 and $10,000 and can be taken anywhere in the world.
- MOE-AU Scholarships for Singaporean Students: the scholarship is offered by The Ministry of Education, Singapore. It is fully funded and open to only citizens of Singapore; nevertheless, it can be taken in Singapore or Overseas. The value of the scholarship is not stated.
- DLA Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr Bursaries in Law: the scholarship is partially funded offered by DLA Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr for citizens and permanent residents of South Africa. It is open to undergraduate Law students only and covers only the tuition fees.
- SAWISE Scholarships for Sub-Saharan and South African Women: it is offered by the Association of South African Women in Science and Engineering (SA WISE) for South African and Sub-Saharan women. It is valued at R15,000 per year.
- NWO Rubicon Scholarship: the scholarship is a partial funding offered by the Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO). It is open to PhD research students at Dutch universities and research institutes; however, it can be taken at top research institutes outside the Netherlands. The value is not stated.
- OSISA Scholarships for African Women Media Leaders at Rhodes: the scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship offered by The Open Society Initiative for Southern Africa (OSISA). It covers a one-year fulltime Postgraduate Diploma in Media Management (PDMM). The value of the scholarship includes tuition fees, accommodation and meal, learning materials, monthly stipends, medical aid, and mid-year media management internship costs.
Courses offered at Rhodes University
There are varieties and combinations of courses offered at the university which include:
- Computer Science
- Professional Communication
- Information Systems
- Commercial Law
- Theory of Finance and Statistics
- Legal Theory
- English Language
- Organizational Psychology
- Environmental Science
- Computer Applications Technology
- Practical Art
- Dramatic Art
- Business Economics
- English Linguistics
- Biblical Studies
- Social Work
- Physical Science
- Visual Arts
- Arts and Culture
- Economic Management Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Human Kinetics
- Journalism and Media Studies
- Economic Sociology
- Applied Physiology and Anatomy
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
The Rhodes University South Africa offers scholarships for African students who want to study in South Africa for degree programs at the university
Each year The Allan Gray Orbis Foundation offers Allan Gray Fellowship to South Africa, Namibia, Botswana and Swaziland Grade 12, 1st and 2nd Year University students to develop future high impact responsible entrepreneurs. Application…
The Beit Trust is offering a number of Postgraduate scholarships for research and studies abroad to scholars from Malawi, Zimbabwe and Zambia. Application Deadline: Varies within universities. The absolute deadline for applications to…
The Rhodes University African Studies Centre (RASC) has African Cluster Centre (ACC) funding for two Postdoctoral Research Fellowships for 2020, tenable for the duration of one year. Baring exceptional circumstances, the awardee is…
The Open Society Initiative for Southern Africa (OSISA), an African institution committed to the creation of open societies through support for democracy, human rights and good governance, invites applications for eight postgraduate…