Each year The Allan Gray Orbis Foundation offers Allan Gray Fellowship to South Africa, Namibia, Botswana and Swaziland Grade 12, 1st and 2nd Year University students to develop future high impact responsible entrepreneurs. Application…
Johannesburg, the city of gold, popularly called Joburg is the capital city of South Africa. Not just that, there are unique features about it that attract foreigners to it, both for studies and social activities. It is known for an affordable tuition fee, high standard of education, excellent hospitality, pleasant weather all year round and many more attractive features.
In the latest QS Best Students city award, it ranked the as one of the top 100; ninth in terms of affordability, low tuition fees, living cost and high educational standard. It is, in addition, a home to some of the country’s best universities, with Wits University, ranking second in South Africa in the QS BRICS University Ranking, 2019
Scholarships around the world for students from Johannesburg
- Campus France Scholarships
Campus France is a public agency attached to the Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation. It is responsible for promoting French higher education around the world.
Campus France offers financial aids for international students who do not have the financial resources to study in France. It grants 12,000 French Government scholarships and internships, as well as 14,000 tuition fee exemptions available to Non-Europeans as part of the tuition fee reforms. The exemption is mainly granted to students from Sub- Saharan and North Africa, of which Johannesburg is inclusive.
- The Erasmus Mundus Joint Master’s Scholarships for Foreign Students
This is a European Union programme that supports education, training, youth and sports. It awards master’s scholarships to the world’s best students for a two-year programme, regardless of the field of study. The students must take their master’s programme in at least, two countries participating in the programme, of which several French institutions are serving as the host universities. The students must be below 30 years to qualify.
The scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship, covering both tuition and accommodation.
Find out more about the scholarship from the institution you are applying.
- Swedish Institute Scholarship for South Africa (SISSA)
The scholarship is a fully-funded award offered to South African students who wish to study for their Master’s programme in Sweden. The scholarship is intended for a one or two-year programme starting in the autumn. The tuition fee is paid to the university, while the living expenses is paid on a monthly basis to the recipient.
The scholarship covers tuition fees, living expenses, travel grants, health and accident insurance, membership of NFGL, and membership of the SI Alumni Network.
The SISSA is part of the Swedish government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders.
Scholarships in Johannesburg for its citizens
- Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship Programme
The scholarship is offered by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE). It is available for both bachelor’s and master’s programmes in the University of Johannesburg. It can be taken by students pursuing Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Criminal Justice-Anti-Fraud prevention.
The value of the scholarship is between $1000 and $10,000 and is partially-funded.
- The scholarship is available to students of all nationalities, including the host country.
- DLA Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr Bursaries in Law
This is a partial-funding scholarship offered by the DLA Cliffe Dekkar Hofmeyr for international students. It is available for undergraduates pursuing LLB. The value of the scholarship is tuition fees only.
- The scholarship is open to residents or citizens of South Africa.
- The applicant must be enrolled as a full-time student at a South African university.
- The applicant is considered based on academic excellence, proven excellence in other fields and financial needs.
There are other available awards to law students under the organization.
- Tim Mills Memorial Bursaries
The Tim Mills Memorial Bursaries for LLM studies was established in 2013 in memory of Tim Mills, a lawyer. It is awarded to only candidates of LLM at a South African university.
The worth of the scholarship is in the total amount of R25,000 per student for the duration of his/her studies. The scholarship is awarded on an annual basis.
- The applicant must be a citizen or resident of South Africa.
- He/she must be enrolled in as a full-time student for the LLM programme.
- Must provide updated academic results.
- Must attend one of the CDH vacation programmes for Law students.
- Fully-funded Interdisciplinary Bilateral Master’s Scholarships in South Africa
The scholarship is open to all South African students and students from other countries in Sub-Saharan Africa to pursue their one-year Master’s studies in Architecture and Planning. The scholarship is offered at the Wits University.
The benefits of the scholarship include full tuition fee, monthly stipend, travel expenses, as well as cost of Summer/Spring school in Berlin.
- The scholarship is open to all South African citizens and those of the Sub-Saharan Africa.
- It covers a duration of one year.
- Applicants must possess requisite qualifications.
- There is no age limit for the scholarship.
- All applicants must have applied for an admission in the university.
The aim of the scholarship is to improve graduate education in the urban fields.
Applications are invited from South African students for a 4-week seminar that is designed to give young South Africans a taste of German culture and business life. Application Timeline: 7th September 2019 Eligible Countries: South…
14th to 16th May 2012 The Afri-Tech Group will host a three-day Technology and Digital Marketing Summit in Johannesburg, South Africa from 14th to 16th May 2012. Participants will be privileged to hear from Thought Leaders of Technology…
Add After School Africa to your Homescreen!
Recover your password.
A password will be e-mailed to you.