Mutual Aid Foundation Scholarships 2019/2020 for Students in Mauritius
Applications are invited from deserving and needy students who have obtained admission on 1st year full time Undergraduate Degree Programmes of Studies at the University of Mauritius (UoM) / Open University of Mauritius, University of Technology, University of Mascareignes and Mahatma Gandhi Institute for the Academic year 2019/2020 and who wish to be considered for Sponsorship by the Mutual Aid Foundation (MAF).
Application Deadline: 15th September 2019.
Eligible Countries: Mauritius
- Only students whose parents’ income does not exceed Rs20,000 monthly will be eligible to apply for the Scholarships. Information on the financial situation of the student’s family will need to be produced e.g evidence of monthly income of parents.
- They should not be beneficiaries of any scholarship or grant.
- The Scholarship will include an all-inclusive grant of Rs25,000 per student per academic year till completion of their Programmes of Studies and a laptop will also be provided. Scholarships exclude children of Mutual Aid employees.
- Selection of beneficiaries of the Scholarships will be carried out by the Managing Committee of the Mutual Aid Foundation assisted by one representative of above institutions. Their decisions will be final.
- The beneficiaries must subscribe to an Agreement to follow and complete the Programme of Studies and to inform the Mutual Aid Foundation if they obtain another scholarship/grant or decide to withdraw from the Programme of Studies.
- Renewal of the Scholarships for the 2nd and subsequent years will depend on good academic results for the previous academic year, regular attendance and good behaviour as certified by these institutions. A quarterly report will be sought from these institutions on the last two aspects.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The Scholarship will include an all-inclusive grant of Rs25,000 per student per academic year till completion of their Programmes of Studies and a laptop will also be provided. Scholarships exclude children of Mutual Aid employees.
Duration of Award: 4 years
How to Apply:
- It is important to go through all application requirements and other details in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.