MTN Foundation announced its 2021 Scholarship Schemes for Nigerian Students. Application Deadline: 15th August 2021 Eligible Countries: Nigeria About the Award: The MTN Scholarship Scheme is an annual scholarship award that seeks to…
About Foundation Scholarship
Scholarships, as we understand, are free money in which you need not repay. This money could be in the form of grants which is available for both national and international students. These grants or scholarships as it were is to help you take care of your tuition fees, accommodation, book allowances and any other academic expenditure.
Furthermore, we can deduce that foundation scholarships monetary awards provided by international organizations or wealthy individuals by way of philanthropism. Usually, students who benefit from this type of scholarship are from developing countries found mostly in Africa and some parts of Asia and Latin America. As a way of giving back to their societies and communities, these organizations provide scholarships and grants for students who aspire to pursue their academic dreams either in their home country or to study abroad.
List and Elaborate on Available Foundation Scholarship
- Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship Program
The Jim Ovia Scholars program was established in 1998. Mr. Jim Ovia is fully funded to provide financial assistance to outstanding young Nigerians. The award was originally known as the MUSTE scholarship. Eligible applicants will be sponsored for their undergraduate and graduate education for the period of their degree and will be responsible for grant and maintenance expenses. The program provides a total of 100 scholarships each year for new applicants, while the renewal of applications is funded on an annual basis, according to the completion of all eligible scholarship criteria. Since October 2010, Mr Ovia has spent more than 100 million Naira in the initiative to help over 1500 beneficiaries.
The scholarship is open to all potential students of Nigerian citizenship. One hundred (100) awardees are selected each year from a pool of eligible applicants. Scholarships are awarded based on personal intellectual ability, leadership capability and a desire to contribute to society at large to improve the lives of others.
- MTN Foundation Scholarship
The MTN Foundation Scholarship is for Nigerian students and this kind of scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship for students who school in an accredited tertiary institution in Nigeria. The MTN Foundation scholarship is awarded every year by the telecommunication giant. Students who are eligible to participate are students who are currently in 200L that show promising academic potential. The fact is that MTN Nigeria has an interest in developing and promoting education in Nigeria.
- The interested participant must be in their 200L at the time of their application
- Only full-time applicants will be considered, part-time students will not be considered.
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA score of 3.5
- Polytechnics students must possess a GPA of 3.0.
- David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program
The David Oyedepo Foundation is offering a full-tuition scholarship for not just Nigerian students but African students to study at the prestigious covenant university and Landmark University for undergraduate degrees. This is a fully-funded scholarship as it takes care of your Books, Accommodation, medicals amongst other expenditures.
- Applicant must be a citizen and a permanent resident of any African Nation
- Applicant must be between the ages of 18 – 25 at the time of application
- Must be eligible to receive a Nigerian Student Visa
- Must be proficient in reading, writing and speaking English.
- Ford Foundation Fellowship Program
Through its Fellowship Services, the Ford Foundation aims to increase the diversity of the nation’s college and university faculty by increasing their ethnic and racial diversity, enhancing the educational benefits of diversity, and increasing the number of scholars who can and will utilize diversity as a way of enriching the curriculum of all students. Predoctoral, research and postdoctoral fellowships will be presented at the National Academies of Technology, Engineering and Medicine competition on behalf of the Ford Foundation.
- All International and U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents (holders of a Permanent Resident Card), as well as individuals granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program1, Indigenous individuals exercising rights associated with the Jay Treaty of 1794, political asylums, and refugees, regardless of race, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, or sexual orientation,
- Applicants with evidence of superior academic achievement (such as grade point average, class rank, honors or other designations), and
- Applicants who are committed to a career in teaching and research at the college or university level.
- WAAW Foundation Stem Scholarship for Africans
WAAW is an acronym for (Working to Advance African Women). This Scholarship is aimed at supporting need – based African female STEM-focused college education. WAAW is a U.S based nonprofit organization that was set up to promote science and Technology education among African girls and works very hard to ensure that they are engaged in technology innovation for Africa. This scholarship is awarded to female students who demonstrate the need and prove their status as full-time students in a STEM-related course at an accredited African University. The recipients of this scholarship award are expected to start a STEM Outreach Chapter at their University.
- Applicant must be a female student of African Origin
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate B.Sc degree program
- Applicant must have an excellent academic record
- Applicant must not be above 32 years
Apply for scholarships offered by African and international foundations for African students. Find available opportunities here.
Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust will offer 10 scholarships (over 3 years) to international students from developing countries to study for Masters Scholarships at University of Sheffield Application Deadline: To be confirmed…
The Centre of African Studies of the University of London UK invites applications from Nigerian academics to take part in a scheme of collaborative research funded by the Leventis Foundation. Application Deadline: 31st March 2020 Offered…
Our Africa Undergraduate Excellence Award is a new scholarship for high-achieving international students from Africa, covering a contribution towards tuition fees in the first year of your degree course at the University of Nottingham.…
Wells Mountain Education Scholarship Program 2020 for Undergraduate Students in Developing Countries
Wells Mountain Foundation offers the Empowerment through Education Scholarship Program for secondary school leavers to study for Bachelors degree in Developing Countries for 2020 academic year. Application Deadline: 1st March, 2020…