Sheffield Hallam University UK is offering the Transform Together scholarships for all full-time Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies. Application Deadlines: 1st November 2021 for January 2022 start Offered annually? Yes …
UK Scholarships for Nigeria
Brief on UK Scholarships for Nigeria
Scholarships are awarded based upon different criteria, which often reflect the values of the founder of the award. The United Kingdom and its universities have an unmatched reputation for academic excellence and high quality of education with a variety of courses available for students, while also being a perfect destination for over a million international students around the world.
Scholarships awarded to Nigerians by the United Kingdom open Nigerians to various possibilities, principal of which is the recognition of one’s education anywhere in the world. Education in the United Kingdom provides Nigerians with a solid foundation while also boosting the potential of having a higher salary and jobs of preference. Universities in the United Kingdom are recognized worldwide for having creative and challenging environments that assist their students push themselves to their limits. The higher education system in the United Kingdom has been the basis for higher education standards among other countries for years.
How to get UK Scholarships for Nigeria
The first step towards being an international student in the United Kingdom is to get a student visa. Application for a student visa in the United Kingdom should start three (3) months before the course being applied for commences. After submission of the university’s application, a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) will be received. This document allows for identification as an admitted student in the United Kingdom. The CAS number should be used to support the student visa application form.
A student visa in the United Kingdom is called Tier4 visa. There are of two types:
- Tier4 (General) – students only
- Tier4 (Child) – children between ages four (4) to seventeen (17)
Universities accepting applications from foreign students have to acquire the status of Tier4 sponsor at the Home Office of the Immigration regulator. Applicants who are sixteen (16) years of age or older than that, can apply for a Tier4 (General) visa to study in the United Kingdom. The basic eligibility requirements for a Tier4 (General) visa are:
- Proof of admission into a course in the United Kingdom
- proof of proficiency in English language
- financially competent to cover every tuition and living expenses in the United Kingdom
The process of application for a student visa charges a higher fee if the application is made from outside the United Kingdom. An Immigration regulator may make provision for an interview with applicants in order to ensure them are legitimate and genuine, irrespective of how successful registration has been.
Ongoing UK Scholarships for Nigeria
There are a number of ongoing scholarships available for Nigerians as Nigerians are major beneficiaries in every scholarship package released by the United Kingdom, examples of these scholarships are:
- Top University of Dundee Postgraduate Scholarships for Nigerian Students
- University of Brunel Scholarships for Students in Nigeria, Egypt and Kenya
- Dorothy Nicol Scholarship for Sub-Saharan Africa at the University of Stirling in the United Kingdom
- The Fully-funded for Masters Students: Standard Bank Derek Cooper Africa Scholarships at LSE– UK
- University of Dundee Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) Scholarship for Nigerian Students r the Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) Postgraduate Scholarship to Nigerian students.
- University of Cambridge Africa Regional Bursary in the United Kingdom
- Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships, at UK Universities for Nigerians
- Robert Gordon University Vice-Chancellor’s Undergraduate Scholarship for International Students
- University of Edinburgh Online Commonwealth Scholarships in Global Health
- Nigeria Birmingham Outstanding Achievement Scholarships – UK
Why Study in the UK
In the world today, education has emerged as one of the most essential and expensive assets an individual could possess. University aspirants searching for financial assistance to pursue the career of their choice, scholarships emerge as the most desired means of financial aid. Mainly because, when compared to educational loans, scholarships are not expected to be repaid; Eligible applicants, get scholarships on merit basis. Other benefits include:
- Reduction of the impact of rising tuition costs: Tuition is on the rise around the world and scholarships offer access to higher education for students of all income levels.
- Scholarships help students have more time to focus on their studies while also working.
- Scholarships reduce the number and amount of student loans taken to complete higher education.
- Scholarships save students from debts.
- Scholarships give students a career advantage.
General Tuition Fee
Undergraduate fees for international students applying from outside the European Union begin at around £10,000 per year, while the tuition for postgraduate applicants begins at around £12,000. To acquire a degree in medicine or MBA the fees go up to £32,000 per year.
Among all levels, social sciences and humanities degrees often cost the least, while laboratory and clinical degree programs are usually more expensive when compared to the social science and humanities courses. The average cost of studying in the United Kingdom is estimated to be at least £22,200 per year. Factoring in accommodation and student expenses the standard of living for students in the United Kingdom is fairly high.
With over 3,000 Nigerian students living in the UK, there is a large African community in the city contributing to the vibrant and diverse London population among many other African nationalities. The UK is a popular educational destination for Nigerians, owing in particular to the shorter UK degree education structure. Most bachelor’s degrees in the UK are usually three-year courses, one-year postgraduate master’s degrees and three to four-year postgraduate doctoral degrees.
Application opens for UK scholarship to study abroad for Nigerian students every year. These includes partial or full fee scholarships in UK for undergraduate, master or PhD/doctoral degrees.
Start here to apply for UK overseas scholarship for Nigerian students.
Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) invites applications from qualified candidates for the NLNG Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme for entry into Masters Programmes in the United Kingdom in September 2021. Application Deadline: 31st July 2021.…
If you are looking for fully funded undergraduate, Masters or PhD scholarships in UK for international students, this video is for you. The United Kingdom has awarded the highest number of scholarships to international students over the…
As part of a wider initiative to invest in excellence, the University of Sussex is delighted to offer scholarships to overseas fee paying students from Nigeria admitted to start an eligible Masters course in September 2021. Application…
Edinburgh Napier University, UK is offering fee reduction scholarships for African Students to study for Undergraduate or Postgraduate (Masters) degrees 2021/2022. Application Deadline: Ongoing Offered annually? Yes Eligible Countries: …