Wells Mountain Foundation offers the Empowerment through Education Scholarship Program for secondary school leavers to study for Bachelors degree in Developing Countries for 2023 academic year.
Application Deadline: 1st March 2023
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries; Developing Countries
Accepted Subject Areas? All fields are eligible although WMF intends to favor helping professions such as health care, social work, education, social justice, as well as, professions that help the economy and progress of the country such as computers, engineering, agriculture and business.
About the Award:
Wells Mountain Foundation offers undergraduate scholarships to students from developing countries to study in their home country or any other developing country. The foundation hopes that by providing the opportunity to further one’s education, the scholarship participants will not only be able to improve their future, but also that of their communities. The foundation believes in the power and importance of community service and, as a result, all scholarship participants are required to volunteer for a minimum of one month a year.
Applicants are only allowed to select a university in a developing country. Applications to study in UK, USA, Europe and Australia will not be accepted
Offered Since: 2005
Who is qualified to apply? To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicant must be a student, male or female, from a country in the developing world, who:
- completed secondary education, with good to excellent grades
- will be studying in their country or another country in the developing world*
- plans to live and work in their own country after they graduate
- has volunteered before applying for this scholarship and/or is willing to volunteer while receiving the WMF scholarship
- may have some other funds available for their education, but will not be able to go to school without a scholarship
*Scholars planning to study in the United States, Canada, Australia, UK or Western Europe will not qualify for a WMI Scholarship
Number of Awards: 10 to 30 per year
What are the benefits? Maximum scholarship is $3,000 USD.
- tuition and fees
- books and materials
- room rent and meals
How to Apply:
- Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation written by someone who knows you, but is not a family member, who can tell why you deserve to receive a WMF scholarship. What qualities will make you an excellent student, a successful graduate and a responsible citizen who will give back to his or her country? These letters of recommendation may come from a teacher, a religious leader, volunteer supervisor, or an employer.
Visit Scholarship Webpage for details