The University of Edinburgh UK is offering the Glenmore Medical Postgraduate Scholarship for full-time one year Masters study at the University. Application Deadline: 4th June 2021 23.59 BST. Eligible Countries: developing countries. See…
Scholarships for Kenyan Students
Kenya is one of the most prestigious locations in the whole of Africa that has a significant difference in nature. There exist beautiful beaches and seas which attract tourists from diverse countries in the world. That being said, Kenya is also one of the developing countries of the world where education has not really been in its full force due to certain factors which include poor economy.
However, the government and private bodies in Kenya cherish education to an extent that they have put up different scholarships to aid their citizens in getting through with the high cost of being educated. Most of these scholarships set up by the Kenyan government and also those from international bodies would be discussed in this context.
List of Scholarships for Kenya Students
The Kenyan government and private bodies can be said to have much concern for good academic standards, which is why they have set up scholarships for aiding students’ academic abilities. The scholarships to be listed are those offered within Kenya by the government and also private bodies. Most of these scholarships are fully funded while others are partly funded; candidates should look closely at the benefits and eligibility requirements of the schemes before taking into applying.
- African Tech Entrepreneurs Training Program
- P4hpt Ph.D. and Masters Scholarships for African Students
- AKoma Amplify Fellowship For Content Creators In Africa
- The Rockefeller Foundation Scholarship at the •University of Nairobi, Kenya
- Gandhi Smarak Nidhi Fund Scholarship For Kenyans
- Universities In Kenya For Rattansi Scholarship Trust
- Higher Education Loan Board Scholarship
- Ministry Of Higher Education, Science and Technology Bursary
- Wangari Maathai Scholarship Fund
- CFC Stanbic Bank Education Scholarship Fund
- Access Kenya Scholarships
- Mawazo Ph.D. Scholars Programme For Africans At Kenyan Universities
- UCT Genetics Postdoctoral Research Fellowship for Sub-Saharan Africans in Africa
Just as the headline suggests, the scholarships listed here are those for postgraduate who want t acquire more knowledge and need financial assistance to make this a reality.
- Kenya Awards for Masters Student
- P4hpt Ph.D. and Masters Scholarships for African Students
- Strathmore University Masters grants in Kenya
- Fully-funded Masters Scholarships At Swire/Oxford & Cambridge Society of Kenya
- Fully Funded MasterCard Foundation Awards for Kenyans
- Mawazo Ph.D. Scholars Programme for Africans at Kenyan Universities
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship for African Academics In Australia
- EADB Medical Training and Fellowship Programme
With the present-day economic crisis, education is becoming somewhat expensive and not very available to the low-class citizens, hence, the dire need for scholarships is becoming more essential. Many institutions, organizations, and government bodies have given a swift response to this. Below is a list of some scholarships available for Kenyan prospective undergraduates.
- Amsterdam Excellence Scholarships (AES)
- Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships
- The Denys Holland Scholarship at University College London
- UEA International Development Scholarships for International Students
- ARES Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries
- VLIR-UOS Training and Masters Scholarships in Belgium
- Ampère Excellence Scholarships for International Students
- VU Amsterdam Fellowship Programme for International Students
- WMF Empowerment Through Education Scholarships for Developing Country Students
- Utrecht Excellence Scholarships for International Students
How to apply for scholarships in Kenya
The process of applying for scholarships is basically as easy as taking up an online session. Basically, candidates will be required to log on to the official website of the organization or scheme offering assistance. Following the step by step processes, they would put in all the required information from the scheme and candidates should be sure they have input the correct information without any errors or any tweaking as this may lead to forfeiting the chances of being considered by the scheme.
Just as it would be expected of any scholarship program giving educational assistance and support to students from a particular region, verified citizenship of that region would be required. While requirements might vary from one scheme to the other, it should be understood that most would require that applicants be citizens of Kenya. Also, students must have good and considerable grades in their immediate past examinations and certificates they would be rendering for the scholarship. Most importantly, candidates should also perform well in all entrance exams as well as the examinations from the scholarship scheme.
In lieu of the above, it is believed that the diverse scholarships available for Kenyan students who wish to further their education and acquire more knowledge have been duly outlined. All these scholarships are not all the same and they are from different boards, therefore, candidates should expect diversities in the terms and conditions that would be tendered by the boards. However, it is noteworthy that all these schemes also have one thing in common, that is, oneness in purpose. The latter can be seen in the fact that they all support and assist students in academic pursuits in their ways. While some offer fully-funded scholarships, others provide half-funded scholarships; with the aforementioned, students should look into these scholarships and select the one that best fits into their needs.
Through the Cartier Women's Initiative Awards, Cartier supports women entrepreneurs who lead social enterprises in their early phases that have potential to grow significantly. Application Deadline: 31st July 2020 by 2pm Paris time (CEST)…
Applications for Cohorts 40, 41 & 42 of the YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa is now open for young leaders who are changing the face of their communities. Application Deadline: 2nd June, 2020 5:00pm East African Time.…
The University has been awarded 5 fully funded studentships across five online Masters programmes within Surgical Sciences. Application Deadline: 13th April 2020 at 1200 hours BST. Offered annually? Yes Eligible Countries: Bangladesh,…
The Aga Khan Foundation provides scholarships each year for postgraduate studies to outstanding students from select developing countries. Scholarships are awarded on a 50% grant : 50% loan basis through a competitive application process…