Scholarship for Botswana & South Africa Students at Griffith University Australia 2012
2012 Scholarship for South African and Botswana students at Griffith University Australia
Griffith University has one (1) $3,000 tuition scholarship for a student from Botswana and five (5) partial tuition scholarships for South African Students – covering tuition for a maximum of two semesters not in excess of AUD$1,500 per semester. The scholarships are on offer to students from Botswana and South Africa commencing in January or July 2012.
Scholarships will only be available to applicants who
- are citizens of Botswana or South Africa;
- have applied to Griffith University and who satisfy all appropriate entry requirements for the proposed degree program, including results of previous tertiary level studies, secondary school level studies and English language proficiency as per Griffith University’s Admission Policy for Undergraduate or Postgraduate (coursework) Programs
- will be commencing (not existing) students at Griffith University;
- are enrolling as a full-time student in a degree at Griffith University.
- must not have previously been awarded this scholarship
Applications will be assessed on academic merit, demonstrated leadership and personal character.
Applicant selection will be based upon:
- strong academic merit, a certified/attested true copy of supporting documentation must be submitted with application;
- demonstrated leadership ability, applications should include at least one professional reference;
- personal character, applications should include at least one reference;
- Applicant’s personal statement. The personal statement should include why the applicant has applied for the scholarship, the selected program of study at Griffith University, and other information they feel strengthens their application for the scholarship.
Scholarship applications are reviewed by a Griffith University selection panel. The Pro Vice Chancellor (International) will approve the scholarship recipient based on the recommendations of the selection panel.
All scholarship applicants will be advised, in writing, of the outcome of the scholarship by the 23 December 2011.
Scholarship winners will have until 23 January 2012 to accept the scholarship. Scholarship offers not accepted by this date will be withdrawn by the University.
Applications close on 9 December 2011 for students commencing in January 2012
Applications close on 30 April 2012 for students commencing in July 2012.
Applications should be sent directly to Griffith International.
Visit Scholarship Webpage for more details.