African Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights Fellowship Programme 2018/2019 – South Africa
The AIDS Foundation of South Africa in partnership with Wits University is pleased to announce the 2018-19 Research Fellowship on Menstrual Hygiene Rights
Application Deadline: 8th June 2018
To Be Taken At (Country): South Africa.
About the Award: A 12-month Research Fellowship will be awarded to a candidate who has the skills and passion to undertake research on the effectiveness and acceptability of the Naturally Free sanitary pads.
The Research Fellow’s primary responsibilities will be:
- Co-designing the study
- Conducting fieldwork
- Review and analysis of data
- Contributing to a report and recommendations.
Type: Research, Fellowship
- Demonstrated commitment to sexual and reproductive health rights (SRHR), and/ or gender inequality, and/or violence against women and girls
- MA in humanities or social sciences/MPH or MSc with equivalent experience
- Experience of conducting and analysing quantitative and qualitative research
- Demonstrated experience in working on social development interventions
- Experience of working in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Excellent writing skills in English, including evidence of ability to communicate research results to diverse audiences
- Excellent coordination skills
- Ability to operate effectively within a diverse, multi-disciplinary team.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- The appointment will be Durban-based, full time for 12 months, to start as soon as possible.
- Remuneration will be at an Associate Lecturer/Lecturer level on the Wits academic salary scale.
- All candidates must have permission to work in South Africa.
Duration of Programme: 1 year
How to Apply: Please submit the following by e mail, using the subject line ‘Research Fellow’, to [email protected]:
- A one-page Letter of Application, describing your motivation for applying for this Research Fellowship and summarising the skills, experience and qualifications you would bring to this post
- Your Curriculum Vitae
- A testimonial from an organisation or an academic institution engaged in SRHR work supporting your application
- A copy of your ID or passport
- Copies of proof of qualification.
Award Providers: AIDS Foundation of South Africa, Wits University