IGB Freshwater Science Fellowship Programme 2020 for International Scientists – Germany
Selection: The selection of the fellowship awards is competitive. The following evaluation criteria apply:
- scientific record and potential to conduct the proposed research
- full support of the potential host contacted before
- quality and novelty of the research proposal
- complementary integration into ongoing research activities at IGB
The selection committee is composed of the director, the department heads, the speakers of IGB’s cross-cutting research domains and IGB’s equal opportunity commissioner. The director will notify the awardees no later than eight weeks after the application deadline. Research projects can start in agreement with the respective host at any time but no later than six months after notification. Candidates that have not been accepted can resubmit a revised application within one of the following application rounds. Consultation with the potential host is strongly recommended if this option is envisioned.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of fellowship: The fellowships provide resources to cover basic living expenses. They amount to 1,365 €/month at the doctoral level, 1,828 €/month at the postdoctoral level, and 2,600 €/month at the senior scientist level. In addition, some funds can be provided for consumables and travel allowances. The fellowships do not include health insurance, which is mandatory in Germany, nor contributions to pension schemes. Fellowships can normally only be granted if no other income is received during the fellowship period by employments elsewhere.
Duration of fellowship: 6-24 months.
How to Apply:
- Your CV, including a complete list of publications
- A motivation letter indicating your research interests and experience (max. 1 page)
- Your ideas about the envisioned accomplishments during your stay, outlining your aims and proposed activities (max. 1 page),
- A statement of your potential research host(s) confirming mutual interest
The deadline for applications is the 1st of June 2020. Documents need to be submitted electronically in English by using our online application platform.