Canada: IFCN Education and Research Scholarships for Young Clinical Neurophysiologists in Developing Countries 2018
The IFCN is pleased to announce Three education scholarships and Three research scholarships for Young Clinical Neurophysiologists for 2018.
Application Deadline: 30th March 2018
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Canada
About the Award:
- Education Scholarship: The IFCN awards THREE scholarships each of $25,000 USD for young clinical neurophysiologists wishing to spend at least 6 months in a neurophysiological laboratory with a national/international reputation. Applicants are expected to advance their training in Clinical Neurophysiology.
- Research Scholarship: The IFCN awards THREE scholarships each of $25,000 USD for young clinical neurophysiologists wishing to spend at least 6 months in a neurophysiological research laboratory with a national/international reputation. Applicants are expected to participate in a research project.
Type: Training, Research
Eligibility: These scholarships will be split between applicants from economically disadvantaged countries and applicants from developed countries and covers at least 6 months of study (application should stipulate duration of studies). Applicants who are 35 years of age or less will be given preference.
Number of Awards: 6 (3 for each scholarship)
Value of Award: Both the education and research scholarships are for $25,000 USD.
Duration of Program: At least 6 months
How to Apply: In order to apply for these scholarships, applicants must attach:
• A Curriculum Vitae and list of publications
• Copy of identity card or passport with date of birth
• Description of the goal of the intended project (1 page)
• Letter of recommendation from home institution – *Letter must be signed and on the institution letterhead
• Letter of acceptance from the host institution – *Letter must be signed and on the institution letterhead
Kindly note that the above documents must be in the order listed above on 1 PDF file.
The IFCN requires a positive progress report from the winners’ supervisor at the end of the first semester to continue the scholarship support, plus a final report by the winner to be sent within 3 months after completing the scholarship.
The Executive Committee of the IFCN will judge applications and its decision is final.
Deadline for submission is Friday, March 30, 2018 (date of receipt).
Please send your application to the Secretariat of the IFCN via email at email@example.com or mail to:
IFCN Secretariat – Stephanie Stevenson
c/o Venue West Conference Services Ltd.
300 – 1040 Hamilton Street
Vancouver, BC, Canada, V6B 2R9
Award Providers: International Federation of Clinical Neurophysiology