The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program provides funding and support to help scholars build their research network and develop essential skills to become leaders. Global Scholars are researchers within five years of their first academic appointment from anywhere in the world.
Application Deadline: 5th February 2020 11:59 PM Pacific Time Zone (UTC -8)
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): Canada
About the Award: The Canadian Institute for Advanced Research (CIFAR), a Canadian-based global organization, brings together more than 400 researchers from 16 countries who are pursuing answers to some of the most difficult challenges facing the world. The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program provides funding and support to help early career researchers build networks and essential skills to position them as leaders and agents of change within academia and beyond.
Fields of Research: In 2020, the eligible programs are:
- Child & Brain Development
- Learning in Machines & Brains
- Quantum Information Science
- Quantum Materials
Type: Research, Fellowship
- Applicants can be from anywhere in the world, but must hold a PhD (or equivalent) and be within five years of their first full-time academic appointment.
- Scholars’ research interests must be aligned with the themes of an eligible CIFAR research program.
- Be available to attend a two-day in-person interview* on June 26-27, 2019 in Toronto, Canada. Travel costs will be covered by CIFAR.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Program: Each CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholar receives:
- A two-year term in a CIFAR research program, a global, interdisciplinary network of top-tier research leaders.
- $100,000 CAD in unrestricted research support
- Mentorship from a senior researcher within a CIFAR research program
- Opportunities to network, collaborate and form a community with peers from diverse disciplines across CIFAR’s research programs
- Specialized leadership and communication skills training, and support to put their skills into action, through participation in two cross-cohort annual meetings.
Duration of Program: 2 years – July 1, 2020 to June 30 2022.
How to Apply: Applications are submitted online and must include two to three letters of reference. Detailed Program Overview for more information.
Visit Fellowship Webpage for details