Africa Oxford (AfOx) Visiting Fellows Program 2023 for African Scholars (Fully-funded to University of Oxford)
AfOx is now accepting applications for 2 Fellowship Programmes: The AfOx Visiting Fellows Programme and the brand new Senior AfOx Visiting Fellows Programme!
Application Deadline: 31st October 2022. (Midnight GMT)
Offered Annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: African countries
To Be Taken At (Country): University of Oxford, UK
About the Award: The AfOx Visiting Fellows Program is designed to enhance academic mobility and network building. Applicants should provide details of an Oxford university host i.e. someone with an academic/research post in Oxford in the applicant’s field of interest who will work with them to maximise the usefulness of the time spent in Oxford. This may be an existing academic collaborator or a new potential collaborator with whom the applicant has established contact before applying for the Fellowship.
– Applicants are expected to hold a PhD or research equivalent.
– Legal resident of an African country holding an appointment in an African academic or research institution.
– With an existing collaboration with Oxford or in contact with a potential collaborator at Oxford.
Selection Criteria: Applications will be reviewed primarily on the quality and value added of the proposed research agenda, the fit between the applicant and the Oxford host, and the feasibility of the proposed activities in the timescale of the fellowship.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The Fellows appointed will be provided with an en-suite, single occupancy study bedroom with all meals provided in the host College. A temporary University card for and temporary membership to the college Senior Common Room will be granted for the period of residency. The fellowship will also include airfare, visa fee and a maintenance allowance for incidental expenses.
Duration of Program: The fellowships will be undertaken for 8 weeks. Under exceptional circumstances, start dates outside this time period will be considered. Please be aware that applications will be reviewed, in part, on the basis of the work you intend to achieve in the timescale you set out.
How to Apply:
- AfOx fellowships are open to ALL disciplines across ALL the Universities departments. We encourage applications across the full range of academic disciplines and to work with any researcher based at the University of Oxford.
All AfOx fellowship applications are made through the same process using the same application portal.
- Note that we will only accept one application, so do not apply for more than one fellowship.