JSPS–UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2019 for International Researchers – Japan
The JSPS–UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme is designed to provide promising, highly qualified, young researchers with the opportunity to conduct advanced research relevant to the main thematic focus areas of the UNU Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS, Tokyo) in cooperation with host researchers at Japanese universities and research institutions.
Application Deadline: 15th March 2019
Eligible Countries: International
To Be Taken At (Country): Tokyo, Japan
Fields of Research: The following research projects at UNU-IAS are accepting applications for JSPS–UNU Postdoctoral Fellows:
- Natural Capital and Ecosystem Services Assessment
- Governance for Sustainable Development
- International Satoyama Initiative
- Water for Sustainable Development
Type: Research, Fellowship
- Applicants must hold a doctoral degree (received on or after 2 April 2013) when the fellowship begins, or be scheduled to receive a doctoral degree before the fellowship begins.
- Japanese nationals are not eligible, nor are those of dual nationality if one is Japanese. Also, those who have permanent residency in Japan are not eligible.
- Those who have been previously awarded a Standard or Pathway Fellowship under the JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship for Research in Japan scheme are not eligible.
- Applicants with at least 10 months research and/or professional experience are especially encouraged to apply.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- A round-trip air ticket (based on JSPS regulations)
- A monthly maintenance allowance of JPY362,000
- A settling-in allowance of JPY200,000 (based on JSPS regulations)
- Overseas travel, accident, and sickness insurance coverage, etc.
Duration of Program: Fellowships are awarded for a period of 24 months.
How to Apply: Interested and eligible candidates are invited to submit a completed application form and supporting documents to [email protected]. If an applicant does not have access to the Internet, he or she should contact UNU-IAS. The form and the required documents indicated in the form must be in English. If supporting documents are not in English, English translations must be attached.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
The 10 Most In Demand Professions In The World Today
10 Lessons We Learned From Self Publishing a Book
Top 10 Highest Paying Engineering Jobs in the World