Kenyan Government – University of Teesside Scholarships for Kenyan Scholars 2016
Application Deadline: 16th of July 2016 for the September academic session. Awardees will be notified by the 30th July 2016
Offered annually? Not known
Eligible Countries: Kenya
To be taken at: Teesside University’s UK campus in Middlesbrough.
Brief description: In association with the Kenya High Commission for the UK, Teesside University is offering three partial tuition fee scholarships to Kenyan Nationals, whether domiciled in Kenya or from the diaspora.
Eligible Field of Study: Petroleum Engineering, MSc in Oil & Gas Management, petroleum engineering, geological qualifications, civil engineering qualification, mechanical engineering, geophysics, chemical engineering, petrophysics, physics, mathematics or chemistry.
About the Award: The three scholarships will be awarded in this way:
- One to an employee of the Ministry of Education
- One to an employee of a Kenyan Public University
- One to a member of the general public
Type: Postgraduate Degree
- To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Meet the MSc Petroleum Engineering or MSc Oil & Gas Management entry requirements for Teesside University. Candidates should normally have an honours degree (at least 2.2) in an appropriate related discipline – petroleum engineering, geological qualifications, civil engineering qualification, mechanical engineering, geophysics, chemical engineering, petrophysics, physics, mathematics or chemistry. Entry criteria for MSc Oil & Gas Management applicants should normally have an honours degree (at least 2:2) in any management or business related area; Applicants must also fulfill the Standard University English Language requirements.
- Be a Kenyan National
- Be assessed as an overseas full fee paying student
- Be from one of the following three categories:
- 1. Member of the General Public
- 2. Employed by a Kenyan education institution funded by the Ministry of Education
- 3. Employed by the Ministry of Energy
- Be able to provide evidence of having sufficient funds to pay for travel, accommodation and the balance of tuition fees for the duration of the study period.
- The scholarship is one third reduction in overseas full fee paying tuition fees, to be awarded for three MSc Petroleum Engineering or MSc Oil & Gas Management courses commencing September 2016.
- Kenya High Commission to the UK Scholarship 2016 Awardees are only entitled to this award and cannot be awarded more than one scholarship. If you are sponsored by your company, government or similar, you are not entitled to apply for the Teesside University international scholarship of £1500.
- Applicants must submit a 500 word essay stating either what you have done to benefit Kenya or what you plan to do on completion of your MSc in Petroleum Engineering or MSc Oil & Gas Management to benefit Kenya.
- All applications must be made through World Student Advisors.
Number of Awardees: Three (3)
Value of Scholarship:
- One third reduction in overseas full fee paying tuition fees 2016. This means a scholarship of £3,614 against the full course fee of £10,950, so you pay £7,336 towards your tuition fee.
Duration of Scholarship: Not stated
How to Apply:Please complete the application form in full and submit with your 500 word essay and supporting documents no later than 16th July 20he16. Please fill the application form here
Award Provider: The Kenyan Governnment, University of Teesside