Application for UK Commonwealth Scholarships are now open for Masters and PhD students from developing Commonwealth countries to study in UK, funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID). Application Deadline: 1st…
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom (CSC) is responsible for managing the United Kingdom’s contribution to the CSFP. CSC awards over 800 scholarships and fellowships for postgraduate study and professional development to Commonwealth citizens each year.
Awards in the UK are funded by the conjunction with UK Department for International Development, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and the Department for Education (DFE), in universities.
Seven (7) Types of Awards by The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission
1. Scholarships for Master’s and PhD study at a UK university
2. Split -Site Scholarships for split-site PhD study at a UK university
3. Shared Scholarships for Master’s study at selected UK universities
4. Distance Learning Scholarships to study UK Master’s degree courses in your home country
5. Rutherford Fellowships For highly skilled researchers from Commonwealth countries, for one or two years postdoctoral research at a UK university
6. Medical Fellowships for doctors and dentists to spend time at a UK hospital
7. Professional Fellowships for mid-career professionals to spend time at a UK host organization
Financial Support Offered by This Scholarship
The scholarships cover most costs associated with your study/time in the UK. This can include, where appropriate, return airfares, tuition fees, maintenance costs, study and other allowances. The terms and conditions of each type of scholarship and fellowship vary. More information is available on the CSC website.
Commonwealth Scholarships for Master’s and PhD study are available for postgraduate study at any UK university. Awards are not limited to specific courses, but candidates must be able to demonstrate that their proposed study will develop leadership potential (for candidates from developed Commonwealth countries) or have a development impact on their home countries (for candidates from developing Commonwealth countries).
The Commonwealth Scholarships Commission Offers
· Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships (For Low and Middle Income Countries)
Commonwealth Splite-site Scholarship are for PhD candidates from low and middle income Commonwealth countries, to support candidates who are undertaking PhD study at a university in their home country to spend up to one year at a UK university as part of their academic work.
Funded by the , Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK. These scholarships are offered under six themes:
1. Science and technology for development
2. Strengthening health systems and capacity
3. Promoting global prosperity
4. Strengthening global peace, security and governance
5. Strengthening resilience and response to crises
6. Access, inclusion and opportunity
· Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
This scholarship allows developing country students to study UK Master’s degree courses while living in their own countries. The scholarships are available for specific courses selected by the CSC on the basis of their quality and relevance to development.
Commonwealth Scholarships are also available for undergraduate study for citizens of the Falkland Islands, the Maldives, St Helena and Seychelles only.
· Commonwealth Academic Fellowships
This provides mid-career staff in a developing country universities with the opportunity to network and update knowledge and skills related to their academic subjects and responsibilities.
· Commonwealth Professional Fellowships
Commonwealth Professional Fellowships offer mid-career professionals from developing Commonwealth countries the opportunity to spend a period (typically three months) with a UK host organization working in a relevant field.
Start here to apply for Commonwealth scholarships. Feel free to click on any of the available scholarship opportunities on this page.
Is it you? Nominations are now open for the 2022 Commonwealth Youth Awards for Excellence in Development Work. Apply now. Application Deadline: 17th October 2021 23:59 GMT Eligible Countries: Commonwealth countries To be taken at…
Africans are known to leave their cities to seek higher education abroad. The QS survey rates Lagos, Accra, Addis Ababa and Nairobi to be the top cities in Africa where youths typically leave from to go for study abroad. So where do…
The Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships is offered to support citizens of developing Commonwealth countries for one year’s study at a UK university as part of a PhD being undertaken in a candidate’s home country. Application Deadline:…
In 2021/22, the CSC will be running a special Professional Fellowship programme promoting Girls’ Education as part of the UK government’s ambitious initiatives to get 40 million more girls in primary and secondary school in developing…