The Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships are offered to support citizens of developing Commonwealth countries for one year’s study at a UK university as part of a PhD being undertaken in a candidate’s home country. Application Deadline:…
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom (CSC) is responsible for managing the United Kingdom’s contribution to the CSFP. CSC awards over 800 scholarships and fellowships for postgraduate study and professional development to Commonwealth citizens each year.
Awards in the UK are funded by the conjunction with UK Department for International Development, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and the Department for Education (DFE), in universities.
Seven (7) Types of Awards by The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission
1. Scholarships for Master’s and PhD study at a UK university
2. Split -Site Scholarships for split-site PhD study at a UK university
3. Shared Scholarships for Master’s study at selected UK universities
4. Distance Learning Scholarships to study UK Master’s degree courses in your home country
5. Rutherford Fellowships For highly skilled researchers from Commonwealth countries, for one or two years postdoctoral research at a UK university
6. Medical Fellowships for doctors and dentists to spend time at a UK hospital
7. Professional Fellowships for mid-career professionals to spend time at a UK host organization
Financial Support Offered by This Scholarship
The scholarships cover most costs associated with your study/time in the UK. This can include, where appropriate, return airfares, tuition fees, maintenance costs, study and other allowances. The terms and conditions of each type of scholarship and fellowship vary. More information is available on the CSC website.
Commonwealth Scholarships for Master’s and PhD study are available for postgraduate study at any UK university. Awards are not limited to specific courses, but candidates must be able to demonstrate that their proposed study will develop leadership potential (for candidates from developed Commonwealth countries) or have a development impact on their home countries (for candidates from developing Commonwealth countries).
The Commonwealth Scholarships Commission Offers
· Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships (For Low and Middle Income Countries)
Commonwealth Splite-site Scholarship are for PhD candidates from low and middle income Commonwealth countries, to support candidates who are undertaking PhD study at a university in their home country to spend up to one year at a UK university as part of their academic work.
Funded by the , Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK. These scholarships are offered under six themes:
1. Science and technology for development
2. Strengthening health systems and capacity
3. Promoting global prosperity
4. Strengthening global peace, security and governance
5. Strengthening resilience and response to crises
6. Access, inclusion and opportunity
· Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
This scholarship allows developing country students to study UK Master’s degree courses while living in their own countries. The scholarships are available for specific courses selected by the CSC on the basis of their quality and relevance to development.
Commonwealth Scholarships are also available for undergraduate study for citizens of the Falkland Islands, the Maldives, St Helena and Seychelles only.
· Commonwealth Academic Fellowships
This provides mid-career staff in a developing country universities with the opportunity to network and update knowledge and skills related to their academic subjects and responsibilities.
· Commonwealth Professional Fellowships
Commonwealth Professional Fellowships offer mid-career professionals from developing Commonwealth countries the opportunity to spend a period (typically three months) with a UK host organization working in a relevant field.
Start here to apply for Commonwealth scholarships. Feel free to click on any of the available scholarship opportunities on this page.
LSHTM Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2022/2023 for Students from Developing Commonwealth Countries
LSHTM Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2022/2023: This year, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) is offering SIX awards. FOUR for MSc Public Health for Eye Care programme and TWO for MSc Public Health for Development…
Applications for Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2022 are now open. Click on your preferred subject area below to apply: Application Deadline: 10th January 2022 at 15:00 UTC Eligible Countries: Commonwealth countries …
University of Edinburgh Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2022/2023: The University of Edinburgh has three Commonwealth Shared Scholarships to offer for the 2022 academic year. Application Deadline: 20th December 2021. Eligible…
The CSC is offering the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2022/2023 for Masters Students from Commonwealth Countries to study in UK Universities. Application Deadline: 20th December 2021 16.00 (GMT) Offered annually? Yes Eligible…