University of Edinburgh Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2024/2025: The University of Edinburgh has three Commonwealth Shared Scholarships to offer for the 2024 academic year.
Application Deadline: 14th December 2023.
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To be taken at (country): Scotland, UK
About the Award: The University of Edinburgh Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme is a joint initiative between the UK Department for International Development (DFID) and UK universities, including the University of Edinburgh, to jointly support scholarships for students from developing Commonwealth countries who would not otherwise be able to study in the United Kingdom.
Applications from students planning to study the following eligible programmes will be considered:
- MSc Africa and International Development
- MSc International Development
Eligibility: To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be available to start their academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2024
- By September 2024, hold a first degree of at least upper second-class (2:1) honours standard, or a lower second-class degree (2:2) and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree)
- Not have studied or worked for more than one (academic) year or more in a high-income country
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK university without this Scholarship
- Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format
Number of Awards: 3
Value of Award: The award is financed jointly by the University of Edinburgh and DfID. The award will cover: (i) All tuition fees; (ii) Air fare to and from the United Kingdom; (iii) Expenses for accommodation and maintenance.
Duration of Programme: Awards will normally be for one year. Awards cannot be extended or renewed. At the end of the award, candidates are required to return promptly to their home country.
How to Apply: Application for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme should be made through the Commonwealth Scholarships Commission’s Electronic Application System (EAS).
More details including how to access the Electronic Application System (EAS) can be found on the Commonwealth Scholarships Commission’s website.
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying