Mastercard University of Edinburgh Masters Scholarships: If you are a graduate, or are soon to graduate, as a Mastercard Foundation Scholar from a Mastercard Foundation partner institution, find out more below about applying to study a postgraduate qualification online.
Application Deadline: 1st December 2023 (5pm UK time)
About Mastercard University of Edinburgh Online Masters Scholarships: Gaining an Online Masters is an excellent way to earn a qualification that is equivalent to on-campus study, while at the same time continuing to work flexibly and live at home. Online Masters qualifications through the University of Edinburgh are equivalent to Masters degrees taught on campus.
The Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh will provide postgraduate online scholarships to African students with great academic and leadership potential but few educational opportunities.
Online postgraduate programs:
The Mastercard Foundation scholarship is designed to cover three years of part-time online study for the following programmes ONLY:
- International Development (Masters route only)
- Global Food Security and Nutrition (Masters or Diploma)
- Global Challenges (Masters or Diploma)
- Carbon Management (Masters route only)
- One Health (Masters or Diploma)
- Circular Economy (Masters or Diploma)
- Sustainable Lands and Cities (Masters or Diploma)
- Social Justice and Community Action (Masters or Diploma)
On-Campus postgraduate programs:
This is a one-year postgraduate on-campus scholarship for the following programmes ONLY:
- Africa and International Development
- Food Security
- Sustainable Energy Systems
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Data, Inequality and Society
- Operational Research
- Environmental Sustainability
- Climate Change Finance and Investment
- Planetary Health
- Environment & Development
Eligibility for Mastercard University of Edinburgh Online Masters Scholarships:
- Applicants must qualify academically for admission to the University of Edinburgh for a relevant degree programme listed above. You will generally need to have achieved the equivalent of a UK Second Class (Upper) Bachelor’s (Hons) degree or higher. Find out more about the postgraduate entry requirements for your country
- Applicants must have graduated from undergraduate study before December 2023 and must be in possession of a degree certificate and official, final transcript to upload alongside their application
- Applicants must be residents and citizens of a Sub-Saharan African country
- Applicants must be without the financial means to study oversees independently
- We particularly welcome applications from female scholars, scholars from refugee and displaced backgrounds, and scholars with disabilities (see FAQs below for further information)
- Applicants must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within their community
- If applying for the Masters programme: Applicants should not have previously completed a postgraduate degree and should not be enrolled (or apply to enrol) at a separate university whilst on the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship
- If applying for the PG diploma: Applicants can either have an undergraduate or Master’s degree from a Sub-Saharan African university (provided they will graduate from either degree before December 2022). If you have a Master’s degree, our admissions team will review you first degree (undergraduate) to meet the post graduate diploma entry requirement. The MCF team will review your Master’s degree transcripts to confirm the graduation date and location of your University.
- Applicants must be 35 or under on the 1 September 2024
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be Taken at (Country): UK
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Mastercard University of Edinburgh Masters Scholarships:
- The scholarship will cover the full tuition fees and a small study stipend to allow for access to high-quality internet. The scholarship is designed to cover three years of part-time online study.
- On top of financial support, Scholars will participate in activities as part of the wider Scholars Program with the University of Edinburgh, including regular online workshops with our scholars, online coaching and support, and the opportunity to attend regional scholar-led workshops and events.
What the on-campus scholarship provides
- Covers full approved tuition, accommodation, travel, living cost stipend and study materials.
- A climate leadership programme to inspire and support Scholars in making change in their communities and countries.
- Additional support is offered to scholars with disabilities based on an assessment of needs.
How to Apply for Mastercard University of Edinburgh Online Masters Scholarships: You must qualify academically for admission to the University of Edinburgh. We prefer that applicants apply to this scholarship before applying to the University.
If you believe you meet all the eligibility criteria please apply.
Applications for our 2024 Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, for postgraduate degrees only, will open on Monday 23 October at 10am UK time and will close on Friday 1st December at 5pm UK time.
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section for further details.
If you have any queries regarding the Mastercard Foundation Scholarships which are not answered in the FAQs, please contact us at: [email protected].
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.