Commonwealth Shared Scholarship
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships for Developing Countries
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships is a joint initiative between the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (with funding from the Department for International Development (DFID), and UK universities), to support scholarships for students from developing Commonwealth countries.
These scholarships are for candidates from least developed and lower middle-income Commonwealth countries, for full-time Master’s study on selected courses.
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are offered for selected taught full-time Master’s courses.
These scholarships do not cover PhD study, or any pre-sessional English language teaching.
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships Universities
- Aberystwyth University
- Bangor University
- Bath Spa University
- Brunel University London
- City University London
- Coventry University
- Cranfield University
- Durham University
- Goldsmiths University of London
- Imperial College London
- King’s College London
- Liverpool Hope University
- Liverpool John Moores University
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Newcastle University
- Nottingham Trent University
- Oxford Brookes University
- Queen Margaret University
- Queen Mary, University of London
- Queen’s University Belfast
- Royal Holloway, University of London
- Royal Veterinary College
- Sheffield Hallam University
- SOAS, University of London
- St Mary’s University
- University College London
- University of Aberdeen
- University of Bath
- University of Birmingham
- University of Bristol
- University of Cambridge
- University of Chester
- University of East Anglia
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Exeter
- University of Glasgow
- University of Kent
- University of Leeds
- University of Leicester
- University of Lincoln
- University of Nottingham
- University of Oxford
- University of Portsmouth
- University of Reading
- University of Salford
- University of Southampton
- University of St Andrews
- University of Stirling
- University of Strathclyde
- University of Sussex (Institute of Development Studies)
- University of the West of England
- University of Warwick
- University of Wolverhampton
Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Eligible Courses – Categorized Under Six Themes
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
To apply for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship scholarships, you must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2020
- By September 2020, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification.
- Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a high income country
- And lastly, be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
Application Criteria for Commonwealth Shared Scholarship
- Academic merit of the candidate
- The potential impact of the work on the development of the candidate’s home country
The award will cover:
- Tuition fees
- Maintenance allowance
- Economy air travel to and from the UK
- Plus additional discretionary allowances.
The award is usually tenable for one year.
- You must apply for the scholarship on the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission Electronic Application System (EAS) online following the procedures described on their website.
Below is a list of the most recent Commonwealth Shared Scholarships.
Article Career Scholarships Study Abroad
Get International Student Loan to Study in US or Canada, No Collateral or Cosigner needed
If you (or someone you know) applied to study for a Master‘s or MBA degree in US and Canada and need ...
April Economics Ghana January Scholarships for Nigerians Scholarships in UK
Eni Fully-funded Masters Scholarships for African Students at University of Oxford 2022/2023
St Antony’s College, University of Oxford, in partnership with the international integrated energy company Eni, is offering up to three students from ...
March Masters Scholarships Mathematics PhD Scholarships Scholarships
IMU Graduate Research Assistantships in Developing Countries (GRAID) Program 2023
The International Mathematics Union/Commission for DeveIoping Countries, has established the Graduate Research Assistantships in Developing Countries (GRAID) Program. Application Deadline: 15th ...
Masters Scholarships May Scholarship for Women Scholarships Scholarships in UK
Eira Davies Postgraduate Scholarships 2023/2024 for Women in Developing Countries – Swansea University
The Eira Davies Scholarship by Swansea University is a full tuition fee scholarship, and will be awarded to female students demonstrating ...
Health and Environment March PhD Scholarships Scholarships Scholarships in Switzerland
IPCC Scholarship Programme in Climate Change 2023 for Students Developing Countries – Switzerland
The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) has launched a call for applications for the 7th round of scholarship awards. ...
Conferences & Workshops March Scholarships in Asia
UNESCO APCEIU Youth Leadership Workshop on Global Citizenship Education 2023
UNESCO APCEIU Youth Leadership Workshop 2023: The Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding (APCEIU) will organize the 9th Youth ...
June Masters Scholarships MBA Scholarship Middle East & North Africa Scholarships Scholarships in USA
Moroccan-American Commission for Educational and Cultural Exchange (MACECE) Fulbright Study Grants 2024 for Moroccan Students
Each year, the Moroccan-American Commission awards Master’s scholarships for Moroccan students to pursue their studies in the United States. These ...
April Conferences & Workshops Contests/Awards Ghana Kenya Middle East & North Africa Music Scholarships for Nigerians Southern Africa Tanzania Uganda
Visa for Music 2023 for Musicians from Africa and the Middle East – Rabat, Morocco
Visa for Music 2023: From November 22nd to 25th, 2023, will be held in Rabat, the 10th edition of the ...