AERC Masters scholarship 2022/2023 for applicants from Anglophone sub-Saharan African countries admitted into any of the following AERC Collaborative Masters Programme (CMAP) in Economics universities below Application Deadline: 29th…
Master’s program is the second stage of a two-tier system of higher education, where those who have already decided on their future profession and clearly enough understand what knowledge they want, do undertake.
Funding your graduate school studies, could be quite tough financially, not minding the fact that you would have to leave your job, so as to carve out enough for your studies. Fortunately, Master’s Fellowship could help you with the funds you need, to adequately cover your tuition, books, living expenses and even your family upkeep in some cases, throughout your graduate study. It’s safe to say that Master’s Fellowship are for graduates, what scholarships are for undergraduates.
Types of Master’s Fellowship
There are majorly two types of Master’s Fellowship, which are the Internal Fellowships and the External Fellowships.
While the internal fellowships, which are funded by post graduate institutions, restricts you to study at that institution, External Fellowships, which are funded by certain organizations, companies or even government agencies, provides you with the necessary funds needed for your post graduate study at any institution of your choice.
Top Master’s Fellowship programs
- GEM Fellowship Program for post graduate study at any GEM member university.
- Stanford Graduate School of Business Fellowships for African MBA students
- Ford Foundation Fellowship
- Cornell University Fellowship
- Yale University Fellowship
- Excellence Master’s Fellowship for study in the University of Geneva
- Dublin’s Fellows Programs for emerging Leaders
- Trinity Fellows Program
- Zuckerman Fellowship
- American University, Cairo Graduate Fellowship for Africans
Stanford Graduate School of Business Fellowship for African MBA students
Stanford Graduate School of Business (GSB) is excited to contribute to the region’s human and economic development by educating leaders committed to making an impact on the continent.
The Fellowship was created to reduce the financial barrier for African citizens to pursue an MBA at Stanford GSB.
Being a Stanford GSB Fellow; what it is all about
Stanford MBA students pursue a wide variety of careers as alumni: you will be prepared to succeed in organizations of every size and description.
As a Stanford Africa MBA Fellow, it is expected that you contribute the management and leadership skills you learned at Stanford to developing the African economy.
As such, our expectation is that Stanford Africa MBA Fellows will be committed to African organizations with significant operations and impact in the region.
Fellowship Funding: The Stanford African’s MBA Fellowships Program pays for tuition and associated fees (approximately US$140,000) for citizens of African countries with financial need who wish to obtain an MBA at Stanford GSB. This funding covers tuition and other expenses throughout your 2- years of study.
Number of Fellowships: About 8 fellowships will be awarded yearly
- You must be a citizen of an African country. Dual citizens are eligible for the fellowship as long as one citizenship belongs to an African nation. Permanent residents of an African country are not eligible at this time.
- You must have completed, or be in the final year of completing, your university studies.
- If you studied at an undergraduate institution in Africa, you are eligible to apply.
- Citizens of countries in Africa who studied in countries outside of Africa remain eligible for consideration.
- As a Stanford Africa MBA Fellow, you must return to work in Africa, within two years of Stanford MBA graduation, to work for a period of at least two years.
Note: To determine your financial need, you must complete Stanford’s financial aid process after you are admitted.
The financial aid application process requires information about your assets and your income.
African Graduate Fellowship to study at the American University, Cairo
This fellowship program aims to offer funding for graduate study, to highly motivated and brilliant African students, that intends getting a Master’s degree at the American University in Cairo.
Fellowship duration: AUC’s graduate fellowships are awarded for two academic years and the intervening summer session.
Fellowship Funding: The Fellowship funds covers tuition fees, including a monthly stipend of 735 Egyptian pounds and 935 Egyptian pounds monthly, as housing allowance.
- African nationals.
- A. or B.Sc. degree with grade not less than “Very Good”, an overall GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent.
- TOEFL with TWE score of at least 550 and 4.5, (580 and 5.0 for ECLT & TEFL) or equivalent.
- Applicants for the MBA have to submit a recent score on the GMAT and have at least two years of relevant work experience.
- Applicants for the Economics program and the Economics in International Development program are required to obtain an acceptable score on the GRE.
- Applicants for the MA in Arabic Studies must submit evidence of proficiency in literary Arabic.
Note: No fellowship application form is required to apply to the African Graduate Fellowship.
In essence, all about Master’s Fellowships; the types, top fellowship programs including their eligibility criteria have been spelt-out. So, do apply if you are in need of graduate school funding
Russell E. Train Fellowships support individuals pursuing a master’s or doctoral degree in conservation. Each year, WWF supports committed conservationists from target countries to receive financial support for their studies and field…
Looking for masters scholarships in USA? Look no further, we have put together a comprehensive list of scholarships in USA for master’s international students. Skip to the list of scholarships The USA is home to many of the world’s…
If you are looking for fully funded Masters's scholarships in UK for international students to study in the United Kingdom, you’ve found it. We’ve put together a comprehensive list of master's scholarships to study in the…
Fox International Fellowships in Yale University especially welcome students enrolled in the social sciences and kindred disciplines in the professional schools. Yale University jointly pursues these aims with 19 of the world’s leading…