Studying in Mauritania is one of the best decisions one could make. Though not currently on the top list in world university rankings, Mauritania proves to be an interesting place to study abroad.
Hotel accommodation in the country is limited and very expensive. Therefore, you are advised to book in advance before embarking on your journey. Most of the health facilities could be accessed through private hospitals, clinics or chemists.
Credit cards cannot be used everywhere which made it impossible for one to have access to cash easily. However, few hotels in the capital city can guarantee the use of a credit card.
Scholarships around the World for Students from Mauritania
- UCT HPI-CS4A PhD Studentships in Computer Science for African Students in South Africa
The programme is open to students in the field of Computer Science at the University of Cape Town in South Africa. The aim of the scholarship is to develop and impart knowledge in the computer science field.
- be nationals of African countries.
- meet the basic English requirement of TOEFL or IELTS.
- be students of Computer Science at the doctoral level.
- University of Twente Scholarships (UTS)
The scholarships are made available for students who have proven records of excellence in their academic pursuit. Students who wish to pursue their master’s degree are encouraged to apply.
The value of the scholarship ranges from €3000 to €25,000 per year.
- Applicants must hold an admission letter to study in the university to qualify for the scholarship.
- English requirements for foreign students must be met by the applicants.
You must be an excellent student to apply for the scholarship.
- [email protected] Scholarships for International Students
International students who are interested in an international master’s programme at the Faculty of Science of the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven are required for the scholarship available at the university.
The value of the scholarship is €10,000 per year, covering the tuition fee and insurance.
- has not studied or worked at the university before.
- has a bachelor’s degree from a foreign university.
- can prove strong knowledge of English through the TOEFL or IELTS scores.
- OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries
Students who wish to study for their Master’s programme are welcome to apply for the OFID Scholarship. Interested candidate must first secure an admission in a reputable university to be able to apply.
The value of the scholarship is $50,000 for one year.
- Must be between 23 and 32.
- Must have completed or is on the verge of completing the undergraduate studies.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or more.
- Must be a national of a developing country.
- Must be in a science and technology related field.
Highly motivated or driven people stand a better chance to win the scholarship.
- $3000 Scholarship Programme
The scholarship is made available to all undergraduate or postgraduate students, irrespective of your nationality. This is an opportunity offered by TeeTRND.com to help you achieve your college dreams.
$3000 would be awarded to the successful applicant. The scholarship will be awarded in check form and made available to the university the winner is studying at.
- You must be a student pursuing any degree or majors in any degree.
- You must be above 18.
- You must research and write about 1000 words on the topic “Future of E-commerce: small business vs. E-commerce giants”.
The essay would be determined by a judge.
- $5000 Hach & Rose LLP, Annual College Scholarship
The entire team at Hach & Rose, LLP strongly believes in giving back to the society, hence the creation of $5000 Hach & Rose, LLP Annual College Scholarship. The scholarship is created to assist undergraduate and graduate students with the cost of attending college or university.
The value of the scholarship is worth $5000.
- Applicant’s life must have been affected by a person injured due to someone else’s negligence.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a college or university in the United States.
- Jelvix Scholarship Programme
The scholarship is made available for students who are interested in science, emerging and innovative technologies or engineering.
The award of the scholarship is valued at $1000.
- Be a student attending or planning to attend an accredited college or university.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Include background, personal statement, achievements, challenges and educational pursuit in the essay.
The scholarship is provided with the hope to ease some personal challenges.
- Chevening in Mauritania
Chevening is the UK Government’s global scholarship programme made available to candidates interested in pursuing a master’s degree programme in any UK university. The scholarship is fully-funded, covering tuition fees, a monthly stipend, travel costs, arrival and departure allowance, cost of one visa, travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK.
If you have a strong academic background, ambition and potential, you are encouraged to apply. Check the scholarship website for more information.
Are you a student from Mauritania? Apply for scholarships to study at universities at home and abroad | Opportunity to study at international universities
March Middle East & North Africa Professional Fellowships Scholarships in Germany
Call for Membership: Arab-German Young Academy of Sciences and Humanities (AGYA) 2020 for African Researchers
The Arab-German Young Academy of Sciences and Humanities (AGYA) at the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities (BBAW) and the ...
Academic Fellowships Doctoral Scholarship Ghana January Scholarships for Nigerians Sciences
MasterCard Foundation WARA Ideas Matter Doctoral Fellowships 2020 for West African Scholars
Applications are now being accepted for the Ideas Matter Fellowship Program; a fellowship which supports the research of young academics ...
August Entrepreneurship Ghana Scholarships Scholarships for Nigerians
Merck Accelerator Lagos Satellite Programme for Early-stage Startups in West Africa 2018
Are you an early stage start-up based in West Africa? Are you working at the cutting edge of innovation and ...