Leading the Middle East One Young World Scholarships 2022: Are you a young leader from The Middle East? You could attend the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo from 16 - 19 May through our flagship Scholarship. Application Deadline:…
Libya is a country in the region of North Africa. It is the fourth largest country in Africa, and also the 16th largest country in the whole world. The capital of Libya is Tripoli, which is located in the western part of Libya and contains over one million Libya’s six million people.
Studying At Libya
The basic education system in Libya is made free and compulsory for all citizens ranging from primary to secondary level. In the 2010 census, it was made known that the adult literacy rate in Libya was about 89.2%. The country’s first university which was the University of Libya was established in Benghazi by a royal decree. Now the rapid increase in the number of students in the higher education sector has been mirrored by an increase in the number of institutions of higher education in the country. The majority of Libya’s higher education institutions have always been financed by the public budget. In 1998 the budget allocated for education in Libya was about 38.2% of Libya’s total national budget.
Top Scholarships Around the World for Students from Libya
- DAAD Scholarships for Libyans: DAAD is the world’s largest funding organization for international students and researchers. DAAD supports over 100,000 international students and researchers around the world every year thereby making it the world’s largest funding organization. DAAD research grants provide young foreign academics and scientists with an opportunity to carry out research and continue their education in Germany. There are various funding programmes for different qualifications. The grants also promote the exchange of experience and networking amongst colleagues. The aim of this programme is to support research projects in PhD studies. The doctoral Programmes takes place in Germany.
- Chevening Scholarships: this is a UK Government’s global scholarship programme that offers future leaders the unique opportunity to study in the UK. These scholarships are awarded to outstanding professionals and researchers from all over the world to pursue a one year master’s degree in any subject of your choice at any UK university. The Chevening Scholarships also provide fully-funded scholarships for successful applicants. The scholarship is also open to most developing countries which Libya is a part of.
- The University of Birmingham Scholarships: this scholarship scheme offers a range of partially funded scholarships for international students at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The International Postgraduate Scholarships are awards offered to one year masters overseas students. There are currently a number of students been funded by the Embassy of the Libyan Arab Republic in London at the University of Birmingham.
Available Scholarships in Libya for Students from Libya
- IBRO African Regional Committee Research Bursaries for African Researchers: The IBRO African Regional Committee is the global federation of neuroscience organizations that aims to promote and support neuroscience around the world through training, teaching, collaborative research. IBRO has partnerships with various scientific societies and organizations which helps to identify priorities and help bridge gaps in knowledge, investment, and resources in the field of brain research. The IBRO African Regional Committee offers awards of up to $4000 for each successful applicant. The award program can be taken in your home country or Abroad.
- The applicants must be resident in any African country.
- The applicants must not be more 45 years or younger at the time.of application.
- Applicants must have published significant research achievements in fundamental or clinical neuroscience.
- Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- DAAD In-Country Master Award at the University of Western Cape in South Africa: the main objectives of the scholarship scheme are to promote good land governance for the implementation of sustainable and development oriented land policy in Africa. The scholarship is available at the master’s degree level. The Scholarship can be taken in the applicants’ home country or abroad. The scholarship award covers tuition fees, research and monthly allowances throughout the duration of the scholarship.
- Applicants must be nationals or permanent residents of an African country.
- Applicants must have successfully completed a three-year university degree
- Applicants must have a thorough knowledge of the language of instruction, which is English.
- Applicants must have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application.
- Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme
Top Universities in Libya
- University of Tripoli: the university was founded in 1955, as a non-profit public higher education institution. The university is located in the urban setting of the large city of Tripoli in Libya. The University of Tripoli is a very large co-educational higher education institution. It offers courses and programs of higher education degrees such as pre-bachelor degrees, bachelor degrees, master degrees and doctorate degrees in several areas of study.
- Libyan International Medical University: the university was established in 2007 as a non-profit private higher education institution which is located in the urban setting of the city of Benghazi. The Libyan International Medical University (LIMU) is a very small co-educational higher education institution. Libyan International Medical University (LIMU) also offers courses and programs leading to higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees in several areas of study. This 12 years old higher-education institution has a selective admission policy based on entrance examinations and students’ past academic records and grades.
Are you a Libyan student looking for scholarships? Apply for these international scholarships for students from Libya
Tomorrow’s Leaders (TL) supports academically qualified, financially disadvantaged high school graduates in the Middle East and North Africa by providing a four-year academic matriculation, civic education, and leadership development…
The L'Oréal-UNESCO Maghreb Fellowships For Women in Science are set to be awarded to 5 young female scientists from 4 different countries of the Maghreb: Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia and Libya. Application Deadline: 31st July 2021 …
The Middle East and North Africa MENA Scholarship Programme (or MSP) offers scholarships to professionals from ten countries. The scholarships can be used for short courses, with a duration up to 90 days, in the Netherlands. Application…
Coimbra Group Short-Term Scholarship Program 2021 for Young Researchers from European Neighbourhood…
Coimbra Group Universities have been providing, since 1999, young researchers from the European Neighbourhood with the opportunity to spend a short stay at a Coimbra Group University to carry out part of their research work. …