DAAD scholarship is a fully sponsored scholarship for international students for a range of postgraduate courses at German universities. DAAD Is the largest funding organization in the world supporting the international exchange of students and scholars.
Information for DAAD Scholarship Applicants
- There is usually no fixed age limit. There are individual exceptions in programmes in which this is explicitly requested by an international partner.
- DAAD offers scholarship programmes are generally open to all subjects, although certain restrictions apply to some subjects (e.g. medicine). There are also subject-specific programmes.
- Two years of professional work experience is the basic requirement to apply for the DAAD scholarship program. The duration of the course studied under DAAD scholarship coverage must have to be more than 12 months and less than 36 months
- The language of teaching depends on the department Check department for more inquiries.
- When applying for the scholarship, you would be asked for a letter of motivation. In a letter of motivation, you are required to describe your professional and personal reasons for wishing to study in Germany on no more than three pages.
- A letter of motivation is required when you apply for a study scholarship or a grant for a language or specialist course. This letter gives you the opportunity to describe your personality and the reasons why you are applying for DAAD funding.
- The application for research grants requires a proposal; A proposal is a detailed and precise description of the project you have agreed to complete with your academic supervisor.
- The scholarship duration is 12 to 24 months (depending on the particular institution) and 36 months for PhD.
- Scholarship holders wishing to work part-time during their scholarship period, i.e. pursue gainful employment, always require the approval of DAAD.
- Since the scholarship is a postgraduate scholarship, applicants should hold a Bachelor’s degree (four or three years) in a related field. Applicants must have completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and ideally at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor). The degree should not be more than six-year-old.
- DAAD scholarship is given to the students who have at least two years of proven work experience
- English or German Language requirement depends on the choice of your degree course
- Good grades in school and university are important, but you can also gain a scholarship without having perfect grades. Many organizations additionally want their applicants to be civically engaged
- Scholars taking a Master’s programme typically receive € 850, doctoral candidates and postdocs € 1,200.
- DAAD grants an allowance towards travel expenses.
- DAAD offers an allowance for accompanying spouses, child allowance and insurance benefits for spouses and children. For scholarship holders with a funding period of over six months.
- Scholarship holders and accompanying family members must be covered by health insurance from the first day of their stay in Germany. In many programmes, insurance coverage is part of the scholarship.
- The scholarship covers rent, meals in the cafeteria and book.
The following DAAD Scholarships are open for International students from African and Developing Countries to study in Germany – Masters and PhD
DAAD Scholarships for Masters Program in Sustainable Transformation of Rural Areas for West African Students 2018/2019 – Niamey, Niger
Through the present call, Abdou Moumouni University of Niamey is launching the first batch of its four semesters, two years Master ...
DAAD/Institute for Peace and Security Studies (IPSS) In-Country/In-Region Postgraduate Scholarship for African Students 2018 – Ethiopia
The Institute for Peace and Security Studies (IPSS) is proud to announce that it has won four PhD scholarships in ...
DAAD Scholarships For Master of Research And Public Policy for sub-Saharan African Students 2018/2019
The Partnership for African Social and Governance Research (PASGR) through the German Exchange Programme (DAAD) is inviting applications for the Master ...
Kisii University, Kenya invites application from qualified candidates for the award of DAAD Masters & PhD (postgraduate) Scholarship for students ...
Doctoral Scholarship Masters Scholarships Middle East & North Africa PhD Scholarships Scholarships in Germany
German Egyptian Mobility Programme for Scientific Exchange and Excellence Development (GE-SEED) for Egyptian Scientists 2018
The German Egyptian Mobility Programme for Scientific Exchange and Excellence Development GE-SEED is a fund that supports the exchange of ...
DAAD Doctoral Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries at University of Münster 2018/2019 – Germany
In cooperation with the Graduate School Scholarship Programme (GSSP) of the DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service), the Department of Philology ...