DAAD scholarship is a fully sponsored scholarship for international students for a range of postgraduate courses at German universities. DAAD Is the largest funding organization in the world supporting the international exchange of students and scholars.
Information for DAAD Scholarship Applicants
- There is usually no fixed age limit. There are individual exceptions in programmes in which this is explicitly requested by an international partner.
- DAAD offers scholarship programmes are generally open to all subjects, although certain restrictions apply to some subjects (e.g. medicine). There are also subject-specific programmes.
- Two years of professional work experience is the basic requirement to apply for the DAAD scholarship program. The duration of the course studied under DAAD scholarship coverage must have to be more than 12 months and less than 36 months
- The language of teaching depends on the department Check department for more inquiries.
- When applying for the scholarship, you would be asked for a letter of motivation. In a letter of motivation, you are required to describe your professional and personal reasons for wishing to study in Germany on no more than three pages.
- A letter of motivation is required when you apply for a study scholarship or a grant for a language or specialist course. This letter gives you the opportunity to describe your personality and the reasons why you are applying for DAAD funding.
- The application for research grants requires a proposal; A proposal is a detailed and precise description of the project you have agreed to complete with your academic supervisor.
- The scholarship duration is 12 to 24 months (depending on the particular institution) and 36 months for PhD.
- Scholarship holders wishing to work part-time during their scholarship period, i.e. pursue gainful employment, always require the approval of DAAD.
- Since the scholarship is a postgraduate scholarship, applicants should hold a Bachelor’s degree (four or three years) in a related field. Applicants must have completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and ideally at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor). The degree should not be more than six-year-old.
- DAAD scholarship is given to the students who have at least two years of proven work experience
- English or German Language requirement depends on the choice of your degree course
- Good grades in school and university are important, but you can also gain a scholarship without having perfect grades. Many organizations additionally want their applicants to be civically engaged
- Scholars taking a Master’s programme typically receive € 850, doctoral candidates and postdocs € 1,200.
- DAAD grants an allowance towards travel expenses.
- DAAD offers an allowance for accompanying spouses, child allowance and insurance benefits for spouses and children. For scholarship holders with a funding period of over six months.
- Scholarship holders and accompanying family members must be covered by health insurance from the first day of their stay in Germany. In many programmes, insurance coverage is part of the scholarship.
- The scholarship covers rent, meals in the cafeteria and book.
The following DAAD Scholarships are open for International students from African and Developing Countries to study in Germany – Masters and PhD
International Development Masters Scholarships November Scholarships Scholarships in Europe Scholarships in Germany
DAAD Development Economics Dual Degree Masters Scholarships 2023/2024: Funded through the DAAD programme, the University of Göttingen offers 7-8 scholarships ...
3 Facts about DAAD Scholarships: In this article, we have compiled some 2024 DAAD Scholarships that are either open, recently ...
DAAD research grants provide young foreign academics and scientists with an opportunity to carry out research and continue their education ...
DAAD Masters Program Infrastructure Planning (MIP) Scholarships 2024/2025 at University of Stuttgart, Germany
Applications are now open for developing countries’ students to apply for the DAAD-funded Masters Program Infrastructure Planning (MIP) Scholarships 2024/2025 ...
DAAD Postdoctoral Researchers International Mobility Experience (PRIME) 2024 for Research in Germany
Are you a highly qualified postdoc? Could you well imagine working in Germany? But you would also like to spend ...
Numerous DAAD In-Country/In-Region Masters & PhD Scholarships 2023/2024 for Sub-Saharan African Students
As part of the DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme“ DAAD offers scholarships for PhD and Master studies. Application Deadline: 11th July ...