DAAD Alumni Spring School 2020 for African Germany-Alumni (All expenses paid)
The University of Bonn and the German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE) are partners in the Bonn Alliance for Sustainability Research. In a joint Spring School we invite African Germany-Alumni from any field of study and Alumni of the Managing Global Governance Academy (MGG) of the DIE to come to Bonn, Germany in March 2020. Application Deadline: 28th October 2019 Eligible Countries: African countries To be Taken at (Country): Bonn, Germany About the Award: Within the Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development, multi-stakeholder participation is an important approach to contribute to sustainable changes in economies, societies and the environment. Especially SDG 17 emphasizes the importance of strengthening global partnerships to support and achieve the ambitious targets of the Agenda 2030. The Alumni Spring School aims at fostering partnerships and networks by overcoming regional and disciplinary borders. Knowledge transfer among participants from developing and emerging powers at the science-policy-interface is a main part of this concept. Participants will benefit from generating and sharing scientific knowledge products through dynamic peer learning groups. Solution-based analyses of challenges from multi-participants perspectives acknowledge the diversity of cultures within the global dialogue. The program is based on four core elements:
- Materials for preparation.
- Content-related input and discussion.
- Peer learning.
- Theoretical and practical elements of scientific communication.
- An African Germany-Alumnus of any German University currently living in Africa*
- An Alumnus of the Managing Global Governance Academy (MGG).
- Interested in sustainability topics
We will only consider applicants that fulfill all the necessary requirements as mentioned above. We are expecting a lot of applications and cannot make any exceptions. Number of Awards: Not specified Value of Award: The program will provide the following services:
- Modules, workshops, excursions
- Welcome and farewell events incl. meals
- Hotel accommodation for the duration of the Spring School (17 March – 27 March, 2020)
- Travel cost reimbursement (up to 1,200 Euro)
- Visa costs up to 60 Euro
- Public transportation ticket
- Participants have to take care of any further expenses during the Spring School and accommodation before or after the Spring School.-
- Letter of motivation (max. 500 words)
- Letter of recommendation (e.g. from your employer, university etc.)
- Résumé/curriculum vitae
- Alumni certificate (e.g. transcript of records, graduation document, ERASMUS certificate etc.; DAAD certificates are NOT a valid Alumni certificate!)
- Official picture (e.g. passport photograph)
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Best Places To Study Abroad If…
Don’t Take This Common Advice If…
7 Lessons from the 2020 Pandemic and Economic Threat