Apply for 2012 World Summit Youth Award Contest-Young People using Internet and Mobile to put the UN MDG Goals in Action
Young people using Internet and mobile to put the United Nations Millennium Development Goals into Action
The World Summit Youth Award 2012 registration is now open! If you wish to submit your project, please visit the registration site below!
The World Summit Youth Award- WSYA contest is a competition among the most committed and creative designers, producers, application developers, journalists, and writers who, by using internet and mobile applications, create digital content and applications which address the UN Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). Three winners and up to three runners-up are selected in each category and recognized at the World Summit Youth Award Winners´ Events which take place in a different country each year.
- The online or mobile project to be entered in to the contest must be initiated and executed by young people under the age of 30 (born on or after January 1, 1982) from any of the UN member states.
- Registrants to the contest must hold the intellectual property rights to the work submitted and be the legal originator of the creative product or project. They also must possess the rights to the use of music, sound or audio components used in their project.
- With the registration, contest participants accept the rules of the WSYA contest as stated in the document. Any and all legal recourse to rules, actions and conditions of the WSYA are entirely excluded.
- Submitters of a project cannot become jury members in the year of submission.
Please note: Terms and conditions may be subject to change without notice. They will be published on the WSYA website.
- The registration, including submitting the project information, must be completed online. After successful registration, participants will receive an ID number to be used in all communication concerning their submission.
- The registration procedure includes signing and transmitting of the release form to the WSYA Office. By signing the release form the submitters confirm that they are the rightful owners to the necessary rights to submit the project. These rights include the copyright, right for using pictures, sound or audio components.
- All WSYA applicants are invited to create a project profile on the YA Friends platform to increase the exposure of their product and serve as an example to others. Winners and Runners-Up are obliged to present their project on YA Friends.
- The product, project, or application may be in any language.
- All registration information (such as description of the product, CV’s of producers) must be in English.
e-Contents and mobile phone applications may be submitted in the following six categories which are tied directly to the eight UN Millenium Development Goals.
- Fight Poverty, Hunger and Disease!
- Education for All!
- Power 2 Women!
- Create your Culture!
- Go Green!
- Pursue Truth!
- Be invited to the WSYA Winners´ Event! (Travel and accommodation costs will be covered for the winners.)
- Meet other engaged and amazing young people from around the world, representatives of governments, NGOs, the United Nations, social entrepreneurs and business leaders!
- Get the chance to present your project on a global stage!
- Share ideas, initiatives and inspiration with other amazing young people!
- Learn more about exciting youth initatives and current trends regarding MDGs at workshops and seminars held by ICT experts and entrepreneurs!
- Have your project showcased on the web at www.youthaward.org!
- Be promoted through the WSYA network and network with ICT experts, business leaders, multimedia producers, young entrepreneurs and youth leaders!
- … and last but not least, become part of a vibrant and lively community for young people taking action on the MDGs!
The evaluation is done on the basis of five criteria:
- Content: Quality, comprehensiveness and impact of content and relevance for MDGs.
- Design: Usability, navigation and aesthetic value of layout and graphichs
- Innovation & Creativity: Demonstration of significant originality and initiative
- Interactivity: Level of engagement and action offered to site users
- Sustainability: Project survival over time
- Strategic value: Get action on reaching one of the eight MDGs
Be sure to visit the WSYA contest page for application procedure and requirements.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
25 Things You Did Not Know About Studying In India
This One Skill Will Secure Your Future – And How To “Learn” It
Top 10 High Paying IT Certifications for 2020