African Entrepreneurs keep breaking barriers in innovations. They take massive steps to establish phenomenal businesses. So, handling economic issues and providing jobs in the process. Being an entrepreneur is not an easy task. It involves lots of commitment, dedication, passion, and faithfulness to the business.
List of International Opportunities for African Entrepreneurs
We have compiled a list of various international opportunities for African Entrepreneurs. These organizations give funds to entrepreneurs to enhance and encourage their businesses.
- Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund: It’s a refundable grant made available by the government of the US, Australia, Sweden, and others. It’s available to African private sector entrepreneurs in support of their business ideas.
- Acumen Fund: The fund is to empower African entrepreneurs, who have ideas and innovation to solve disturbing issues in society. Some of the major sponsors are Cisco Systems Foundation and the Rockefeller foundation.
- eVA Fund: It aims at African entrepreneurs that are into technology. But not in hardware. It funds those entrepreneurs that create world-class platforms to deliver local content. It has been operating since 2010
- African Women’s Development Fund (AWDF): Its fund granted for African women’s empowerment and business development. It was launched in the year 2001. AWDF doesn’t give awards to an individual but an organization within the range of $8,000 to $50,000
- Africa Media Ventures Fund (AMVF): AMVF provides a sole grant of $20,000 to $200,000 for African entrepreneurs in the media sector. They provide not only capital for experience entrepreneurs but business development support. For example, business concept, knowledge and network.
- Agri-Vie Equity Investment Fund: It’s for African entrepreneurs in the Agricultural sector. They have invested over $100million since its existence in 2008.
- Investment AB Kinnevik: It’s an investment company established in the year 1936. The company has been very supportive of many businesses in Africa through the grant. For Example, Jumia, Iroko partners, and others.
- Seedstars World: It’s a world competition set up to empower young entrepreneurs in Africa and some other continents. The seed starts the global summit holds in Switzerland. And they invite winners from the participating country for the grand finale of up to $500,000 in equity investment and other prizes.
- International Finance Corporation (IFC): IFC is a member of the World Bank Group and the largest global development institution. It aims at supporting African businesses in the private sector through the grant.
Other Funding Opportunities for African Entrepreneurs
We have listed other funding opportunities that may benefit you as an African entrepreneur below;
- Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA) is a fund given to students who are also entrepreneurs to enhance their business.
- Euromena Awards for Innovative African Startups is a fund given to African entrepreneurs starting up a business in ICT.
- Mark Zuckerberg and his wife Chan sponsor the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative. They aim at empowering African entrepreneurs in the Tech industry.
- The Agribusiness Africa Window is a fund awarded to African entrepreneurs in the Agricultural sector to build their business.
- Urgent Action Fund Africa
Top Organizations offering opportunities for African Entrepreneurs
Here is a brief description of some top organizations providing African Entrepreneurs with funds.
African Development Foundation
|USADF||They support small business farmers, women and youth in Africa with grants up to $250,000.|
Charities Aid Foundation (CAF)
|CAF Venturesome||It was founded in 1924. CAF offers financial help to charities and social enterprises with grants
between £25,000 and £250,000
|AB Kinnevik||Investment AB Kinnevik||They provide financial support for African entrepreneur|
Dutch Development Bank
|FMO Entrepreneurial Development Bank||It’s the dutch development bank that supports entrepreneurs through grants.|
|Government’s Department for International Development (DFID)||CDC||The UK government funds the CDC to support African Entrepreneurs.|
Tony Elumelu Foundation
|Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme||Tony Elumelu Foundation awards $100 million to an African entrepreneur|
|Acumen Fund||Seeking African entrepreneurs with creative ideas to solve problems.|
African Development Bank
|African Private Sector Assistance (FAPA)||They integrate with Afreximbank to provide Grants worth $500,000 to African SMEs|
Enter for opportunities for African entrepreneurs, small businesses, and startups to raise funding to nurture your ideas and grow your business. Start here to apply.
Article Career Scholarships Study Abroad
Get International Student Loan to Study in US or Canada, No Collateral or Cosigner needed
If you (or someone you know) applied to study for a Master‘s or MBA degree in US and Canada and need ...
April Economics Ghana January Scholarships for Nigerians Scholarships in UK
Eni Fully-funded Masters Scholarships for African Students at University of Oxford 2022/2023
St Antony’s College, University of Oxford, in partnership with the international integrated energy company Eni, is offering up to three students from ...
March Masters Scholarships Mathematics PhD Scholarships Scholarships
IMU Graduate Research Assistantships in Developing Countries (GRAID) Program 2023
The International Mathematics Union/Commission for DeveIoping Countries, has established the Graduate Research Assistantships in Developing Countries (GRAID) Program. Application Deadline: 15th ...
Masters Scholarships May Scholarship for Women Scholarships Scholarships in UK
Eira Davies Postgraduate Scholarships 2023/2024 for Women in Developing Countries – Swansea University
The Eira Davies Scholarship by Swansea University is a full tuition fee scholarship, and will be awarded to female students demonstrating ...
Health and Environment March PhD Scholarships Scholarships Scholarships in Switzerland
IPCC Scholarship Programme in Climate Change 2023 for Students Developing Countries – Switzerland
The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) has launched a call for applications for the 7th round of scholarship awards. ...
Conferences & Workshops March Scholarships in Asia
UNESCO APCEIU Youth Leadership Workshop on Global Citizenship Education 2023
UNESCO APCEIU Youth Leadership Workshop 2023: The Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding (APCEIU) will organize the 9th Youth ...
June Masters Scholarships MBA Scholarship Middle East & North Africa Scholarships Scholarships in USA
Moroccan-American Commission for Educational and Cultural Exchange (MACECE) Fulbright Study Grants 2024 for Moroccan Students
Each year, the Moroccan-American Commission awards Master’s scholarships for Moroccan students to pursue their studies in the United States. These ...
April Conferences & Workshops Contests/Awards Ghana Kenya Middle East & North Africa Music Scholarships for Nigerians Southern Africa Tanzania Uganda
Visa for Music 2023 for Musicians from Africa and the Middle East – Rabat, Morocco
Visa for Music 2023: From November 22nd to 25th, 2023, will be held in Rabat, the 10th edition of the ...