CreaTech Animation Incubator Cohort III for Talented Animators
CreaTech Animation Incubator Cohort III
When is Application Deadline?
15th August 2022
Tell Me About Award:
ADMF, in partnership with the Heva Fund, will incubate 20 talented animators to help them develop an investor-ready pitch that they can use to attract investment or pitch at local, regional, and international festivals and markets.
What Type of Award is this?
Who can apply?
Eligible Animators will:
- Submit an animated series concept that demonstrates creativity and uniqueness*
- Demonstrate a passion for animation and establishing a long-term career in the animation industry
- Complete an application in full and submit it via our website by 15 August 2022 (incomplete applications will not be considered)
- Commit to attend all webinar and mentorship sessions
- Agree to meaningfully participate in and contribute to every component of the program**
- Acknowledge the CreaTech Animation Incubator and ADMF via social media, if accepted into the program
- Must be over 18 years and a citizen of a country in East Africa with a valid passport (or the ability to obtain a passport before successful finalists are announced).
Which Countries are Eligible?
Where will Award be Taken?
How Many Positions will be Given?
What is the Benefit of Award?
Individual animators and teams with the most engaging, outstanding, and distinctive animated series project ideas are invited to apply to participate as fellows in this unique incubator. Adapted from ADMF’s Scale-up Accelerator, the Incubator will provide 20 animators or teams with the mentorship they need to develop relevant animated projects that speak to both a local and global audience.
The CreaTech Incubator will be a 12-week BootCamp that will include mentoring and high-level training with established industry professionals. Experts will include industry experts in animation, storytelling, music, and sound, as well as international broadcasters, distributors, and sales agents. The teams will receive technical training to refine their animation projects and pitches, as well as market training to position their projects for success with investments and festivals.
Women animators are encouraged to apply and take advantage of this unique opportunity that will not only serve as a great platform to showcase their work but also offers avenues for them to interact directly with industry. We believe such interactions are key in addressing the gender imbalance in the film and animation industries both regionally and globally.
How to Apply for Program?
Submit a Concept Note of a single pdf file that contains the following:
- Title of the series project, format, target audience and age bracket, and genre
- Synopsis of the story in no more than 250 words.
- One to two sentence short descriptions of some of the central characters
- One to two sentence short descriptions of some of the secondary characters
- 2-5 images of concept art of the world and its characters, backgrounds, model sheets, etc
Submit a Statement of Intent /Description of Project; its origin, message, its importance, and uniqueness. Max. 1 page.
Submit CV of the author(s)
The 2022 call for applications for the CreaTech Animation Incubator opens on Friday, 15, July 2022 and the submission process will close on Monday, 15 August 2022 23:59 East Africa Time.
*Call open to all East Africa residents.