Mest Africa Challenge 2022 (Win up to $50,000 equity investment)
Applications now open for Mest Africa Challenge 2022
Application Deadline: 30th August 2022
Eligible Countries: Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa, Senegal.
About the Award: Calling all tech start-ups in Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa, Senegal!
Pre-seed to seed stage technology startups in Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Kenya, and South Africa are invited to apply to participate in the regional competitions to be held in these countries in October this year. Two finalists will be selected from each country to participate in the final Demo Day Pitch event to be held in Accra, Ghana for the ultimate prize of $50,000 in equity.
The competition has received thousands of applications from around the continent since its inception. It has spotlighted and impacted the growth of winning startups such as Tanzania’s Kilimo Fresh, Ghana’s OZE, South Africa’s Snode Technologies, Kenya’s Waya Waya, and Nigeria’s Accounteer.
- Pre-seed or seed-stage (have raised $100k total or less cumulatively since inception)
- Currently generating revenue
- Can demonstrate traction in one or more of the five MAC Markets (Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Senegal)
- Has been in operation for 2 years or less
- Tech-enabled (software company)
- Industry agnostic
- Any business model (B2B, B2C, B2B2C, B2G etc…)
Number of Awards: 10
Value of Award:
- Funding of up to $50,000
- Perk prizes from MEST Strategic Partners
- Global visibility
- Build your networks
- Professional coaching
- Mentorship from experts
- Join the global MEST Community for lifetime benefits
How to Apply: Entries will be accepted till 30th August 2022 through the competition’s online application portal.
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage see link below) before applying