MEST Pan-African Pitch Competition (up to $50,000 equity investment) 2019
Applications now open for 2019 MEST Pan-African pitch competition / Les candidatures sont désormais ouvertes pour le concours MEST Africa Challenge 2019.
Application Deadline: 15th February 2019
About the Award: Are you the founder of a technology startup currently operating in Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Cote d’Ivoire or South Africa, ready to scale across Africa?
Submit your company for the MEST Africa Challenge! Country winners from each region will be flown to the finals at the MEST Africa Summit in Nairobi to compete for up to $50,000 in equity investment and a range of other support to accelerate their Pan-African scale-up.
For more than 10 years, MEST has trained aspiring African entrepreneurs and invested in exceptional businesses with Pan-African ambitions. These businesses have gone on to enter new markets, with MEST growing alongside them as we’ve learned about the opportunities and challenges they face as they scale. Today, MEST Africa is the continent’s largest incubator network, present in Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa and Cote d’Ivoire.
Eligibility: Companies must:
- Be post-revenue
- Operate in the market in which they are applying
- Be primarily tech-focused
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Winners will receive up to $50k equity investment from MEST, a space in the MEST incubator of their choice and the chance to pitch at the finals on a global stage at the 2019 MEST Africa Summit in Nairobi.
Duration of Programme: Regional pitch events will be held on the following dates, at MEST Incubator locations or local partners office:
- Accra: Wednesday, February 27
- Nairobi: Wednesday, February 27
- Lagos: Thursday, February 28
- Cape Town: Thursday, February 28
- Abidjan: Thursday, February 28
How to Apply:
- Apply here for the 2019 MEST Africa challenge.
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage see link below) before applying