Wharton Africa Business Forum 2019 Competition for African Entrepreneurs ($10,000 grand prize)
As part of this initiative, the Wharton African Student Association is pleased to announce the 6th Annual Wharton Africa Business Forum Competition at this year’s conference. Contestants will submit an application outlining their start-up or idea, and we will select finalists to pitch to an experienced panel of judges and the audience at the conference on Friday, November 2, 2019.
Application Deadline: 26th September, 2019 11:59 EST.
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country):
About the Award: At Wharton Africa Business Forum 26, we aim to connect promising early-stage African entrepreneurs to a powerful network of investors, mentors, and coaches to accelerate their growth, and provide them with resources they can use to develop into regional powerhouses.
If you believe that your idea has what it takes, please read through the eligibility details below.
Type: Entrepreneurship, Contest
Eligibility: The Wharton Africa Business Forum competition is open to all entrepreneurs with businesses that are using innovation to solve some of the continent’s toughest challenges. Entrepreneurs who meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Businesses focused on serving the African continent (does not necessarily need to be headquartered in Africa)
- For-profit business models (however your business does not need to be making profits yet!)
- Early-stage business with less than 50 employees and less than 4 years in operation
- Raised less than $200,000 in funding for the business
Selection Criteria: Each business will be judged on its commercial viability and potential for impact through 4 key pillars:
- The team and their expertise
- The market opportunity and the executable plan to generate profits
- The validation of key hypotheses
- The identification of risks and the plans for mitigation
Teams that have a proven product, have recruited stakeholders (employees or investors) and/or have customers are likely to score well. However, we also encourage those entrepreneurs who may not necessarily have launched their business, but who have validated their hypothesis and have the skills to execute, to apply.
Number of Awards: 1
Value of Award:
- From the pool of applications, 8 finalists will be invited to pitch their business to a panel of expert judges who will determine the Winner of the $10,000 grand prize.
- The finalists will also have the opportunity to participate in workshops and seminars hosted by our judges and Wharton faculty in the run-up to the final event (final schedule to be announced). You can expect to receive training in business plan writing and public speaking as well as specific feedback and advise on your key business challenges.
How to Apply: APPLY HERE
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
25 Signs You Are Not Serious about Making Progress in Life
25 Things You Did Not Know About Studying In Ukraine
25 Things You Didn't Know About Studying Engineering