Apply: Zayed Future Energy Prize of US$3 million for Entrepreneurs 2019
Each year, the Abu Dhabi Government offers the Zayed Future Energy Prize, the total Prize fund of US $3 million for Entrepreneurs to celebrates achievements that reflect impact, innovation, long-term vision and leadership in renewable energy and sustainability.
Application Deadline: 30th May 2019
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: All countries in The Americas, Europe, Africa, Oceania and Asia
To be taken at (country): United Arab Emirates
Categories of the Prize: The Zayed Future Energy Prize awards 5 categories:
- Global High Schools (1 award for each of the below regions)
- The Americas, Europe, Africa, Oceania and Asia
About the Award: The Prize fund comes from the Abu Dhabi Government as a way to honour and continue the legacy of the late founding father of the United Arab Emirates, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan. Masdar, Abu Dhabi’s renewable energy company, manages the Zayed Future Energy Prize. A dedicated team works on the Prize all year round.
This annual award celebrates achievements that reflect impact, innovation, long-term vision and leadership in renewable energy and sustainability. You are invited to be a part of this vision and commitment to finding solutions that will meet the challenges of climate change, energy security and the environment.
Offered Since: 2008
Eligibility: The Zayed Future Energy Prize is open to all entrants other than: (a) board members and employees of Masdar; and (b) anyone who has been involved in organising, promoting or judging the Prize.
Selection Criteria: The Prize criteria for all categories are: Innovation, Impact, Leadership and Long-Term Vision.
Number of Awardees: several
Value of Awards: The total Prize fund is US $3 million, distributed as such:
- Health – US$ 600,000 (Six hundred thousand dollars)
- Food – US$ 600,000 (Six hundred thousand dollars)
- Energy – US$ 600,000 (Six hundred thousand dollars)
- Water – US$ 600,000 (Six hundred thousand dollars)
- Global High Schools – US$ 600,000 – Total value (Six hundred thousand dollars)
- Divided amongst 6 Global High Schools in 6 different regions, awarding each up to US$100,000 (One hundred thousand dollars)
- The Americas
- Europe & Central Asia
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- East Asia & Pacific
- South Asia
How to Apply:
Award Provider: The Abu Dhabi Government
Important Notes: The submission should be sufficiently detailed and clear to enable the judges to analyse properly and to form a view on all elements of the submission and the nominee.