Each year, the Abu Dhabi Government offers the Zayed Future Energy Prize, the total Prize fund of US $3 million for Entrepreneurs to celebrates achievements that reflect impact, innovation, long-term vision and leadership in renewable…
Business grants are small amounts of seed money that further the goals of an organizations. Unlike a loan, you don’t have to repay it. But you do have to prove you can achieve the goal.
It is money that is given to a person, business or corporation from federal, state, county or local governments, or private businesses or corporations. The key is finding the grants for which you qualify and then doing your research work in order to apply for the business grant.
International Business Grants
- The 2020 Grinnell Prize
Individuals who have demonstrated leadership in their fields are honored by the Grinnell College Innovator for Social Justice Prize. The award is $100,000 ($50,000 goes to the winning individual and $50,000 goes to the organization).
- International Skylife Photography Contest
The contest aims at bringing photography enthusiasts all over the world together through explorations. The selection will be based on a message of curiosity that bears hope for the future through the discovery of happiness, joy, sadness, hope, nature, the world, the past and the future. The photographs must reflect the selection purpose.
- The Global Fund for Community Foundations
The group works with individual community foundations and other local grant makers and their networks across the world. Their focus is on the global south and Central and Eastern Europe. Small grants are offered to individual community foundations. The award is worth between $5000 and $15000.
- WWF Professional Development Grants
Priorities are given to individuals from Central African Republic, Cameroon, Kenya, Gabon, Uganda, Mozambique, Zambia, Madagascar, Congo Democratic Republic and Republic of Congo.
Training may take place anywhere in the world and applicants can request as much as £6,500.
- Global Innovation Fund
Through grants, loans and equity investment ranging from $50,000 to $15 million, the organization supports innovators at all stages of development, whether they are new business models, policy practices, behavioural insights, or technologies.
- Grants to Saskatchewan Non-profits, For-Profits, Ad Hoc Groups and Businesses
The grants range from $500 to $5000 to the mentioned groups that benefit the residents of Saskatoon during the winter.
- Awards to a U.S.A. or Canada non-profit, For-profits or individual
The award is in the sum of $1000 in recognition of an exceptional project that contributed to the public’s understanding of history.
Top Business Grants for African Entrepreneurs
- Early Career Humanities Scholars
The project provides a 4 – 6-month attachment to any of the collaborating institutions. The awards include a travel insurance, an economy return flight, an accommodation, an office space, access to library facilities, a monthly stipend, research funds and mentorship from senior faculty at the host institution. The scholar must have a PhD acquired in the last ten years.
- Applicant must be in full-time permanent post in the humanities faulty.
- Be an early career scholar.
- Has a scholarly record of publications commensurate with career stage/years from degree.
- Emerald African Management Research Fund
The grant is offered to individuals in the field of Management Research. The award is valued at £2,500 to fund the successful research project.
Application should address the theme: Fostering a research culture driven by growth and sustainability in Africa.
- Illustrate how the project will benefit the social good.
- Make an outstanding contribution to theory and application.
- Demonstrate originality and innovation.
- Demonstrate sound implications for theory and practice.
- YALI Regional Leadership Centre East Africa
The Young African Leadership Initiative (YALI) was launched for the purpose of investing in the future generation of Africa.
The benefits include: Business and Entrepreneurship, Civic Leadership and Public Management in a four-week residential format with a focus on individual and team leadership skills, innovation, creative learning and communication.
- Applicant must be between 18 and 35 years.
- Must be a citizen of East Africa.
- Must not be a US citizen or resident.
- Is eligible to receive visa to Kenya.
- Is proficient in reading, writing, speaking and listening to English.
- Palliative Care Development in Africa
The fund is made towards a small grants programme for hospices and palliative care providers in Africa. The grant ranges between £500 and £5000.
- Applicants must provide evidence of training courses for palliative care service providers held 9n Africa.
- Equipment for patients (three quotes must be attached to the application).
- Projects supporting paediatric palliative care services.
- Capital improvement costs.
- Friends of Malawi Association Small Grants
The association offers grants to any organisation in any one year for a variety of projects in Malawi. The award is up to £1000.
To apply, write applications for support (not more than 2 pages) should be submitted to
Projects aimed at sustainable development and those that promote a degree of self-help within the community are considered.
Top Organisations Offering Business Grants
- The Chan Zuckerberg Initiatives
- Seedstars World
- Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme
- Omidyar Network
- Innovative Prize for Africa
- International Finance Corporation
- African Women’s Development Fund
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Helios Investment Partner
Sometimes, nonprofits and state or local governments offer economic development grants directly to small businesses. Check with your local and state governments for local grant opportunities. Scroll down to search for other business grants that might apply to your business.
From students, startups, young and social entrepreneurs to small & medium and successful businesses, African and global organizations open business plan competitions and awards annually to support and encourage budding and successful…
The School Enterprise Challenge is a student-led business start-up awards programme for schools around the world. Application Timeline: runs from March–October 2018 Offered annually? Yes Eligible Countries: for school around the…
The 2017 MasterCard Foundation Fund for Rural Prosperity Competition seeks to support innovative financial products, services or processes from organizations that will design, pilot and test new ideas, as well as those that aim to expand…
The U.S. African Development Foundation invites proposals for grant financing and local support, from African enterprises, cooperatives, and producer groups with innovative solutions that extend their own capabilities to increase revenues,…