Westerwelle Young Founders Program 2021 for Young Entrepreneurs in Developing Countries
Apply for Westerwelle Young Founders Programme and attend the Young Founders Conference in Berlin, Germany.
Application Deadline: 3rd September 2021 at 11:59 CEST
Eligible Countries: All African and Developing countries
To be taken at (country): Berlin, Germany/Applicant’s Home Country
About the Award: The Young Founders Programme is a 6-month fellowship for outstanding young entrepreneurs from emerging markets. It brings together leaders from all over the world, who are united in the pursuit to achieve entrepreneurial greatness.
The Westerwelle Foundation for International Understanding is a non-profit organization based in Berlin, Germany. Our mission is to create equal opportunities for all by uplifting emerging markets through empowered entrepreneurship.
Type: Entrepreneurship; Career Fellowship
Eligibility: We are looking for entrepreneurs with high potential for impact and growth to become leaders of a sustainable future, with the following criteria:
- You have recently (in the last five years) started a for-profit company focused on developing or emerging markets;
- Your company possesses a scalable business model that has ideally generated revenue or secured a first round of external funding;
- You or your business possesses disruptive qualities that can increase the quality, impact or inclusiveness of the industry;
- You possess a good working knowledge of English;
- You are available to attend the digital kick-off conference and can make time to participate in programme activities for the six months.
Selection: Applicants will first be shortlisted according to their written application. The shortlisted candidates will then be invited for a Skype interview. Results of written application and Skype interview will be discussed by a jury and the selected candidates will be invited to participate at the Young Founders Programme.
Value of Program: The Westerwelle Young Founders Programme (YFP) is a six-month fellowship for 25 leaders uplifting emerging and developing markets towards a sustainable future. We offer targeted support to scale our founders’ ventures and develop their leadership abilities, with the following programme plan:
- Kick-Off Conference: A two-day digital kick-off conference will take place in the last week of September 2021;
- Remote Programme: From October 2021 – March 2022, the Young Founders will receive six months of support including a personal mentor, alumni buddy, monthly peer mentoring sessions, monthly expert workshops and networking opportunities with corporates and investors;
- Berlin Conference: The ten best performing Young Founders will be invited to a five-day conference in Spring 2022. During this conference, the founders will have the opportunity to pitch in front of investors, participate in workshops, join networking events and get an insight into the German start-up scene.
Travel and accommodation for the Young Founders Conference will be covered by the Westerwelle Foundation. All fellows are expected to actively participate in the Young Founders Conference as well as in the scheduled mentoring calls.
Duration of Programme: 5-day conference in Berlin / 6 months remote programme
How to Apply: Westerwelle Young Founders Autumn 2021 is Now Open!
The following application will provide our Programme Team with an understanding of your startup and profile. Please have the following key elements ready:
- Your startup pitch deck
- Basic financial information (i.e. revenues, funding)
- Your LinkedIn profile and/or CV
With these on hand, the application will take approximately 20 minutes. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
The key application dates are as follows:
- Application deadline: Friday, September 3 at 11:59 CEST
- Interviews with shortlisted candidates: September 13-17, 2021
- Notification of all applicants: September 20, 2021
For further questions, please sign up for an info session: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZclfuiurzovG9WVXi_GkbcF3Mr1z_QWM7kF
For technical issues ONLY (i.e. cannot submit form): please email [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you!