The mentoring journey continues for businesses with Innovation or in Sports. Apply soon.
Application Deadline: 30th June 2022
Eligible Countries: African countries
About Award: Are you looking for mentoring to launch or grow your business or idea in Africa?
Submit your idea starting April 1st to start your journey!
This Award mentors entrepreneurs as they launch and scale their businesses in Africa by providing them with free online mentoring from over 400 entrepreneurs, investors and business owners.
Eligibility: You, the entrepreneur, must meet these criteria as you submit your business proposal:
- You must be a citizen of an African country.
- You must be a minimum of 18 years old as of November 1, 2021.
- Your business or idea must be applicable in an African country.
- Your business or idea must include a technological component (digital, machinery, computers, ICT, automated processes, field related technologies,…)
- Your business or idea must be for profit.
- Your business or idea must create jobs beyond single family support.
- Your business or idea must have a social impact. You need to articulate the problem you are trying to solve as well as the solution you offer.
- Your business or idea must be relevant to one of these categories:
- Innovation: An idea or invention which is or can become a good or service that creates value for which customers will pay. Ex: Using a new technology (something new to the industry), or using a new business model (new way to deliver, collect, share), or solving a problem not solved before in your region.
- Sports: An idea, prototype or startup business in the sports industry which is a Product (e.g. apparel, equipment), Production Method (e.g. supply chain), Service (education, health, spectator-experience, athlete-experience), Supplier (e.g. sources of materials, resources), Market (e.g. buyers) orMedia (e.g. promotion, information)
What is not eligible in the Sports Category:
- Sponsorship (athlete or team)
- Single athlete to compete
- Single trainers
- You can submit a proposal as a resident of any country worldwide – keeping in mind that you must be a citizen of an African country.
For example, a resident of Canada with a Senegalese citizenship is eligible for this Award.
- Your business can operate in any African country even if you are not a citizen of that country.
For example, a Ghanaian citizen can submit a proposal for a business in Liberia.
- You can submit a proposal for a business already in operation.
- Your business can operate across borders in multiple African countries.
- Your business should demonstrate the potential to scale beyond one region in Africa to pan-African impact.
- You can operate in multiple countries, but you will be asked to designate a primary African country that will benefit from your business.
Number of Awards: several
How to Apply: Submit your business idea beginning April 1, 2022 through June 30, 2022. Soon after you submit a completed proposal, a mentor will be in touch with you, guiding you to bettering your idea. And yes, if you have a better idea, you can resubmit it at least once before June 30, 2022.