World Bank International Finance Corporation (IFC) Young Professionals Program 2020
The World Bank IFC Arm is offering students its flagship Young Professionals program (IFC YPP), a unique opportunity to launch a global career in finance.
Application Deadline: 1st October 2019
Offered Annually: Yes
To Be Taken At (Country): Successful candidates will start in Washington DC and build their expertise through hands on assignments and transactions in different countries.
About the Award: IFC’s Young Professionals Program is a unique opportunity to launch your career as a global investment professional helping to build the private sector in developing countries. You will join as an Associate in the Investment, Advisory or Treasury streams and will be based in Washington DC for at least one year. You will build your expertise through engagements in different countries, close to IFC’s clients.
You will be recruited as an Associate Investment Officer (AIO). AIO’s are part of a multidisciplinary team focused on identifying investment opportunities, executing transactions and actively managing portfolio projects. In this role, your objectives will be to maximize the impact of IFC’s intervention and contribute to the development of our countries of operation by executing innovative, developmental, and profitable investments for IFC.
Fields of Recruitment:
- Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services
- Agribusiness and Forestry
- Health and Education
- Tourism, Retail and Property
- Financial Institutions
- Oil, Gas and Mining
- Public-Private Partnerships (Advisory)
- Telecoms, Media and Technology
- Treasury and Syndication (Product)
- The program is open to final year students working toward an advanced degree such as an MBA, JD, other relevant Masters degrees or recent graduates.
- You should be able to demonstrate a track record of success in your prior work experience and have a strong interest in working in Emerging Markets.
- The AIO’s should have 3 to 6 years of prior relevant work experience (investment banking, project finance, private equity, corporate finance, portfolio management, management consulting or Treasury).
- Current students or recent graduates of MBA or similar program
- Strong analytical and credit assessment skills, as well as solid understanding of accounting and financial statement analysis
- Knowledge of relevant industry sector trends, sound business judgment and problem solving, negotiation and commercial skills
- Enthusiasm for working in multi-cultural teams and across borders, preferably with experience working in developing countries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, fluency in other languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Spanish or Russian) is a plus
- Willingness to travel extensively and geographic flexibility
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- 3-year program with 2 to 3 rotational assignments either in a regional hub or a different industry department or in another World Bank Group institution
- Participating units include Financial Institutions Group; Infrastructure and Natural Resources; Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services; TMT, Venture Capital & Funds; Public Private Partnership; and Treasury and Syndications
- Leadership exposure and development that provides strong opportunities for growth
- Active coaching throughout the program
How to Apply: Apply Here