Global Health Corps Paid Fellowship 2020/2021 for Young African Professionals
Everyone has a role to play in the health equity movement. Are you in? Applications for the 2020/2021 Global Health Corps fellowship class are open. Apply.
Application Deadline: 15th January 2020 by 12:00PM EST / 7:00PM CAT / 8:00PM EAT.
Eligible Countries: All African countries and other regions
To be taken at (country): USA
About the Award: Global Health Corps is building the next generation of diverse health leaders. We offer a range of paid fellowship positions with health organizations in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, the United States, and Zambia and the opportunity to develop as a transformative leader in the health equity movement. Everyone has a role to play in the health equity movement.
Eligibility: Global Health Corps Fellowship is looking for a global and diverse group of passionate and talented emerging leaders who:
- Are willing to push themselves outside their comfort zones, to embrace failure, and to approach a personally transformative year – with many challenges in the day-to-day – with integrity, humility, and self-reflection.
- Are ready to strengthen and use their voice — the most powerful tool for change that you have — in order to engage others, create space for critical conversation, and effect meaningful social change in global health.
- Are excited by a design-thinking approach to building a better world, creatively embracing wicked problems and ready to embrace failure as learning.
- Are committed to bringing your best and doing the work in the day-to-day, showing up as a critical part of the global health equity movement.
- Are passionate about social justice in global health and about finding and building their voices to effect health impact.
- Are committed to inclusivity and collaboration across sectors, cultures, and borders of all kinds, while investing in and supporting others.
Selection Criteria: By the start of the fellowship, fellows must:
- Be 30 years or younger.
- Hold a bachelor’s or undergraduate university degree.
- Be proficient in English.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Fellowship: Yearlong paid placements within partner organizations in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, the US, and Zambia to address real-time capacity gaps and strengthen health systems.
- In addition to on-the-job training, we engage fellows in a comprehensive leadership training curriculum to build effective, empathetic, and innovative leaders of tomorrow.
- Fellow receive additional logistical and financial support during the year, including:
- Monthly living and utilities stipend
- Health insurance
- Professional development grant of $600 and completion award of $1500
- Travel coverage to and from placement site, all trainings, and retreats
Duration of Fellowship: 1 year
How to Apply:
- Apply here
- It is important to go through the Application Requirements before applying.
Award Provider: Global Health Corps
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Is It Too Late To Change Career at 27?
Top 10 Canadian University to Study Medicine
25 Things You Did Not Know About Studying In India