The Future Global Leaders Fellowship is an accelerator for top students from humble backgrounds who want to become members of the Fortis Society upon successful completion of the fellowship.
Application Deadline: 31st January 2018
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): Future Leaders Foundation, USA
About the Award: The Future Global Leaders Fellowship annually selects the world’s top first-generation university students and, over the course of a 3-year program, primes them for induction into the Fortis Society – the world’s first private network of diverse leaders committed to one another’s success and to a better world.
Eligibility: Applicants for the Future Global Leaders Fellowship must be currently enrolled First-Year College students who fit the following eligibility criteria:
- First-Generation College Student – which we define as students who do not have a family history of higher education.
- A Track Record of Academic Excellence – throughout high school and university. Priority given to GPAs 3.5 and above.
- Proven Leadership Abilities – through self-started initiatives and ventures, or leadership in their community.
CHARACTERISTICS OF SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES
In addition to eligibility criteria, our Admissions Committee will select Fellows who display the following characteristics:
- Contagious Charisma and Unyielding Strength of Character – two common and essential traits in all leaders.
- Resilience and Guts – demonstrated through having overcome hardship.
- Inexhaustible Global Ambition – along with a realistic strategy, the ability to execute, and the willingness to sacrifice and take risks to achieve extraordinary success.
- A Humble Background – the highest priority will be given to first-generation and low-income students who meet all requirements.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Fellowship: All programme costs are covered the by the Future Leaders Foundation.
(1) Mentorship from world renowned professionals;
(2) Three-week Intensive leadership training;
(3) Funding and support for an internship;
(4) Customized career advice and tools;
(5) Access to an influential international network – the Fortis Society
Duration of Fellowship: The Future Global Leaders Fellowship officially starts in July, when all newly selected FGL Fellows come together for an intensive 20-day leadership training.
Award Provider: Future Leaders Foundation