University of Washington Barer Institute Law Fellowship 2020 for Developing Countries – USA
Applications for the Barer Institute Fellowship are now being accepted for 2020.
Application Deadline: 1st February 2020
Eligible Countries: Lower & Middle Income Developing Countries
To Be Taken At (Country): USA
About the Award: The Barer Institute selects annually three to four mid-career leaders from lower to middle income countries to enroll in the Sustainable International Development LL.M. Program and serve as change makers in their home countries upon graduation.
Eligibility: Candidate criteria include:
- Demonstrated need in the candidate’s home country for improved legal infrastructure in the areas of rule of law and governance, human rights and/or economic development
- A personal statement (1-2 pages) addressing the demonstrated need described above and the candidate’s commitment to and capacity for using the knowledge gained as a Barer Institute Fellow to address that need
- A first degree in law or equivalent
- A commitment to return to the home country
- Strong English skills. The following minimum score is required, (test scores must be less than two years old):
- 580 TOEFL
- 237 TOEFLC
- 92 TOEFLiBT
- Evidence of leadership skills
- At least two letters of recommendation from legal professionals in the home country
- Official transcripts and degree statements
- Résumé or CV
Number of Awards: 3-4
How to Apply:
- Applicants may be required to participate in an interview via telephone or Skype.
- Please email application materials, and any questions you may have, to [email protected].
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
25 Amazing Things You Should Do Before You Turn 25
25 Reasons You Should Study Abroad
25 Things You Didn’t Know About Studying In Italy