Applications for Barer Institute Fellowship are now being accepted for 2023.
Application Deadline: 1st February 2023
Eligible Countries: Lower & Middle Income Developing Countries
To Be Taken At (Country): USA
About the Barer Institute Law Fellowship: The Barer Institute selects annually three to four mid-career leaders from lower to middle income countries to enroll in the Sustainable International Development LL.M. Program and serve as change makers in their home countries upon graduation.
Eligibility: Barer Institute Law Fellowship Candidate criteria include:
- Demonstrated need in the candidate’s home country for improved legal infrastructure in the areas of rule of law and governance, human rights and/or economic development
- A personal statement (1-2 pages) addressing the demonstrated need described above and the candidate’s commitment to and capacity for using the knowledge gained as a Barer Institute Fellow to address that need
- A first degree in law or equivalent
- A commitment to return to the home country
- Strong English skills. The following minimum score is required, (test scores must be less than two years old):
- 580 TOEFL
- 237 TOEFLC
- 92 TOEFLiBT
- Evidence of leadership skills
- At least two letters of recommendation from legal professionals in the home country
- Official transcripts and degree statements
- Résumé or CV
Number of Awards: 3-4
How to Apply for Barer Institute Law Fellowship:
- Applicants may be required to participate in an interview via telephone or Skype.
- Please email application materials, and any questions you may have, to [email protected].
Visit the Program Webpage for Details