Oregon State University International Cultural Service Program (ICSP) Scholarships 2020/2021
Oregon State University is offering scholarships to international students in exchange for cultural service to OSU, academic colleges, and the surrounding communities. The goal of the ICSP program is to increase cultural awareness and understanding throughout the local region and the state of Oregon.
Application Deadline: 31st January, 2020 by 4 p.m. (PST).
Offered Annually: Yes
About the Award: The International Cultural Service Program (ICSP) which began at OSU in 1983, has attracted many outstanding students from countries around the globe.
International students who demonstrate financial need and exceptional merit may apply for the International Cultural Service Program (ICSP). Selected ICSP students receive a tuition-waiver scholarship ranging from $7,500 – $30,000. ICSP students agree to complete 80 hours per year of cultural service as required by the program. Cultural service can include speaking or giving demonstrations to schools or community groups about the heritage and culture of your country or participating in international events on campus.
Type: Undergraduate, Masters
- Applicants must be admissible or fully admitted to the University of Oregon. New students must apply for admission to the UO for 2019-20 by January 15, 2020. To apply for admission click here.
- Applicants cannot be U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, or eligible to receive U.S. federal financial assistance.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need and meet the minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA requirement.
- Demonstrated financial need
- Experience participating in cultural activities
- Demonstrated performance and presentation skills
- Strong academic records
- Strong communication skills
Value of Award: $7,500 – $30,000
Number of Awardees: 10-20
How to Apply: Incoming freshmen and new transfer, new graduate and new post baccalaureate applicants
- YOUR FIRST STEP: You must apply for Admission to the University of Oregon before you can apply for scholarships.
- Watch your email for an invitation to enter the UO Scholarship Dashboard. This happens within a week of submitting your application for admissions.
- Log in to the UO Scholarship Dashboard and submit the General Application, ISSS Endowed Scholarships Application and the ICSP Scholarship Application. You must apply for admission prior to this step
- All applications and Reference Letters must be submitted by January 31, 2020 by 4 p.m. (PST).
It is important to go through the Application Requirements before applying.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
25 Amazing Things You Should Do Before You Turn 25
25 Reasons You Should Study Abroad
25 Things You Didn’t Know About Studying In Italy