MasterCard Foundation Scholarships at Michigan State University For African Students 2018/2019 – USA
The MasterCard Foundation Scholarship for African Students is now open for Graduate Application at Michigan State University USA for 2018/2019 academic year
Application Deadline: 1st February 2018
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): Michigan State University, USA
Eligible Field of Study: Courses offered at the university
About Scholarship: The MasterCard Foundation has partnered with Michigan State University USA to provide full tuition scholarships to students from Sub-Saharan Africa. The university will receive $45 million in funding from the foundation to support 185 scholars throughout the nine-year program, which includes 100 four-year undergraduates and 85 master’s degree students. MSU will host the most scholars among the six U.S. partner institutions.
Students who have demonstrated academic talent, are economically disadvantaged and have a personal commitment to give back to their countries are invited to apply for these scholarships.
Through financial, academic, social and post-graduation support, The Scholars Program will ensure that young people are equipped with the skills and competencies needed to spur economic growth and social development in their respective countries of origin.
Type: Masters taught
Selection Criteria and Eligibility: The program is open to residents and citizens of Sub-Saharan African countries. Students must be first-time applicants to MSU. Transfer students are not eligible for the program.
- Prior completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Africa with academic achievements suggesting continued academic success as graduate student.
- Strong commitment to a professional path in line with the area of study that can positively impact Africa.
- An interest in and capacity for give-back, evidenced by commitment and engagement on campus, in professional pursuits and/or community.
- Manifest ethical behavior and strong character essential to joining The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Network.
- Ability to deal with change, uncertainty, and adversity, as well as interest in other countries and cultures, necessary to succeed as a student overseas and represent one’s home country in this role.
- Significant financial need and/or from lowest income bracket in country of origin
- Commitment to give back in ways that enhance the economic growth and social development of Africa.
Number of Scholarships: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: Full financial, academic and social support. The Scholars Program will ensure that young people are equipped with the skills and competencies needed to spur economic growth and social development in their respective countries of origin.
Duration of Scholarship: For the full period of masters study
How to Apply:
- It is important to go through instructions for application on the Scholarship Webpage before applying.
- This application is for GRADUATE applicants only.
Sponsors: MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Programme (MFSP), Michigan State University
Important Notes: Students do not need to receive notification of acceptance to MSU prior to submitting their scholarship application. However, students must complete an application to MSU in order to be considered for the scholarship. Students who are already enrolled at MSU are not eligible for The Scholars Program.