Brief description: Professional journalists are invited to submit their portfolio of published work on African youth entrepreneurship for consideration. The writing needs to have been published in either print, broadcast or digital media.
Application Deadline: 30th August, 2016
To be taken at (country): South Africa
About the Award: After five years of celebrating youth entrepreneurs across Africa, the Anzisha Prize is adding a category to honour young media professionals devoted to telling the stories of Africa’s youth entrepreneurs. The Prize will award media articles, broadcasts or blogs that are prominent for their attention to youth entrepreneurship and quality of content.
Eligibility: All candidates should ensure eligibility and submit a representative portfolio of their body of work in line with these criteria:
- Submitted portfolio of work should be within chosen popular media, which includes print and online publications as well as radio and television broadcasts
- Submitted portfolio of work must be within the youth entrepreneurship theme
- Applicants should have a strong track record of work within chosen media in reporting on youth entrepreneurship
- Applicants should have access to a platform where their work has been/is published or broadcasted
- Applicants should be nationals of an African country and work on the African continent
- Applicants should be within the ages 15- 30
Selection Criteria: All submissions will be judged according the following criteria:
- Content should be relevant to and build awareness of youth entrepreneurship
- Applicants should be professionals with wide and far reach in the number of people who have access to their work
- Applicants should have a strong personal/ individual social media following as a professional with a point of view in youth entrepreneurship in Africa
Number of Awardees: 3
Value of Contest: The winners will receive an all-expenses paid trip to an African city of their choice, where they will cover a story on the successes of youth entrepreneurship. The top three finalists will win an all-expenses paid trip to the Anzisha Prize Award Ceremony, held in South Africa in October 2016.
The winner will also become an Anzisha Partner, with Anzisha committing to reshare and reblog their content. Winners will be offered a chance to be a part the Entrepreneurial Leadership curriculum offered to the young Anzisha entrepreneurs for 2016 as well as the opportunity to host a seminar during the Anzisha Week Entrepreneurial Leadership Training.
How to Apply: Apply Here: Anzisha Media Prize Application
Award Provider: Anzisha Prize