Reuters Photojournalism Grants for Photojournalists and Students 2018
Reuters seeks to develop the next generation of photojournalists to tell original human stories from their locations and communities anywhere in the globe. We are offering up to eight, $5,000 USD grants to photojournalists or students of photojournalism interested in working on photo assignments and projects to advance their abilities and tell new stories.
Application Deadline: 10th November 2017
Eligible Countries: All
About the Award: Reuters Pictures is offering up to eight $5,000 USD grants to passionate photojournalists or students of photojournalism who are interested in working on photo assignments and projects to advance their abilities and tell new stories.
Pictures taken by grant recipients will be distributed globally on Reuters platforms. Yannis Behrakis, Reuters photojournalist and senior editor, special projects, will advise recipients with their assignments and projects, providing advice or planning assistance.
- Any passionate photojournalist or student of photojournalism may apply.
- Candidates need not be professional photojournalists but must demonstrate an ability to successfully conceive and complete their grant project. We are excited to work with emerging talents who can tell stories from new perspectives and as a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals.
- To ensure that, Reuters seeks talented, qualified employees around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law.
Number of Awards: up to 8
Value of Award: $5,000 USD
Duration of Program: 1 January 2018 to 31 December 2018
How to Apply: To apply:
Applicants must submit a CV and a 35-50 picture portfolio (JPEG format) of both single images and multi-image stories. Applicants must also submit a detailed cover letter explaining a project or idea to use the grant. A focused project about a subject in a community or location close to you that you can reasonably complete in a few weeks or months is advisable.
- You must complete all the screening questions including the written proposal section.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Successful candidates will be contacted by Yannis Behrakis.
Award Providers: Reuters