The Department of African Studies and Anthropology (DASA) at the University of Birmingham seeks a postdoctoral fellow in African Studies to contribute to our research and teaching for 18 months. Application Deadline: 9th July 2021 …
University of Birmingham
By studying at the University of Birmingham, you will be an effective part of the top leading global University, learning and researching from the best facilities in the world. Also, the University provides a quality academic curriculum that challenges students in discovering innovative ideas and technological advancement that will have a major impact on the world.
The University of Birmingham which is the first Civic University founded in the year 1900 by Queen Victoria by the Royal Charter. It has its location in Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom (UK). 5 Colleges made up the institution, they include; College of Social Sciences, College of Life and Environmental Sciences, College of Arts and Law, College of Engineering and Physical Sciences, and College of Medical and Dental Sciences.
The University having over 34,000 students, making them the 4th largest University in the United Kingdom. They provide the undergraduate program, postgraduate degree programmes, Research study, and many more available programs.
For the Undergraduate study, the University has about 350 various courses available for students willing to start a career in Birmingham. The table below contains some of the undergraduate courses.
|· Archaeology and Ancient History BA – 3 years course.
· Accounting and Finance BSc – 3 years course.
· African Studies with Development BA – 3 years course.
· Biochemistry BSc (Hons) – 3 years course
· Biology, Human BSc (Hons) – 3 years
· Biological Sciences with Professional Placement MSci (Hons) – 4 years course
|· Management, Business BSc – 3 years course
· Materials Science and Engineering BEng – 3 years course.
· Materials Science and Engineering with Industrial Experience MEng – 5 years course
· Mathematics and Computer Science BSc – 3 years course
· Economics BSc – 3 years course
· Electronic and Electrical Engineering MEng – 4 years course.
Postgraduates Taught Study
In this degree program, the University has up to 600 postgraduate taught courses available to students.
· Finance Economics MSc
· Financial Management MSc
· Functional and Clinical Anatomy MSc
· Accounting and Finance International MSc
|· Advanced Chemical Engineering Masters/MSc/PG Diploma
· Advanced Clinical Practice MSc.
· General LLM
· Geography PhD (Urban and Regional Studies)
· Global Banking and Finance MBA
They offer about 140 research courses and 450 PhD opportunities.
|· Pharmacy PhD/MSc by Research – Both full time and part-time course available.
· PhD with Integrated Study in fuel cells and their fuels – It has an only full-time course available.
· Psychology PhD/MSc (Research) – It has full-time, part-time and Distance learning available.
|· Cancer Sciences MRes – This is a full-time course.
· Chemical Engineering PhD with Integrated Study – Both full-time and part-time available.
· Health Economics – PhD/MSc/ by Research – Both full-time and part-time available.
- Chevening Scholarship: This is a UK government scholarship sponsored by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and partner organizations government to support a high-performance academic student in pursuit of a year’s Master’s degree at any University in the UK.
Benefits/Value: It’s a fully-funded scholarship and it covers student’s course fees, accommodation, and travel expenses.
- Chevening-Birmingham Partnership Scholarships: The University partners with Chevening to provide awards opportunity to its students to study at their UK campus.
Benefits/Value: It covers the student’s full tuition fees. Also, it covers allowance and stipend of the same package as the main Chevening scholarship award.
- Commonwealth Scholarship: Commonwealth organization provides Scholarships opportunity for students from developing Commonwealth countries to study a Master or PhD degree programme at the University of Birmingham.
Benefit/Value: The scholarship covers flight fee, Tuition cost, living allowance, thesis grant, family allowance, and other necessary fees
- University of Birmingham Masters Scholarship Scheme: This Scholarship is available to only the Master’s degree students from any country to study at the University.
Thus, they’re providing about 60 awards of Scholarship to applicants to sponsor academic merit students willing to pursue a Master’s degree program at the University. However, for Candidates to qualify for the scholarship award, he/she must have achieved a First-class or Upper Second-class (2:1) Honours degree for their undergraduate study.
A scholarship worth of $2,000 for the program.
- University of Birmingham / Bridge House Nigeria Outstanding Achievement Scholarships: The University provides a scholarship award to Nigerian students ready to undertake an undergraduate programme at the University of Birmingham. However, it’s based on academic merit.
Benefits/Value: A scholarship worth of $3,000 for the tuition fees for only the first year.
- University of Birmingham Business School ‘African MBA Scholarship’: This is a scholarship opportunity provided for African students to undergo a Postgraduate taught masters degree programme at the University. Also, this is a full fees scholarship worth of €25,950.
The University’s tuition fee is paid each year which covers the student’s examination, tuition cost, graduation. However, this fee always occurs at the beginning of a programme each year.
Also, the fee depends on the student’s programme being studied at the University. However, once an offer of acceptance is made by the University, it also comes with the quote of the annual tuition fee. The table below contains a cost estimate of the tuition fee for a different degree programme.
|Programme||A year tuition fee|
|BSc||€21,000 – €22,500|
|BE/Btech||€19,000 – €23,500|
|BBA||€19,200 – €20,000|
|MFin||€20,000 – €28,980|
|MIM||€22,000 – €23,500|
|MEM||€23,000 – €23,500|
|MBA||€20,000 – €29,000|
|MS||€17,000 – €24,120|
In conclusion, due to its world-class teaching, the University of Birmingham ranked 112th in the World University Rankings for 2020 according to The Times Higher Education Rankings and 14th in the UK top Universities. Also, the University keeps attracting students around the world to undertake a degree programme in the institution.
In this most unprecedented of years, we are delighted to be offering a major new scholarship for international students, the Global Masters Scholarship, an award of £10,000 to provide support for you to study at the University of…
Chances are you’ve heard Nigerian politicians send their children to study abroad, while they neglect the country’s education system to continually deteriorate over the years. It is quite unfortunate, but Nigeria is probably stuck with…
The International Development Department, University of Birmingham, is pleased to offer one scholarship for our MSc in International Development (Governance and State-building), for the academic year starting in September 2020. Application…
In partnership with Santander bank, the University of Birmingham is delighted to offer scholarships to outstanding Master's degree candidates from Latin America, Nigeria, Pakistan & the USA. Application Deadline: 30th April 2019 …