Applications are invited from South African students for a 4-week seminar that is designed to give young South Africans a taste of German culture and business life.
Application Timeline: 15th August 2022
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To Be Taken At (Country): Germany
About the Award: The Tübingen – South Africa Program is a cultural and language exchange program for South African students aiming to expose them to German culture and language. It also aims to bring about closer ties and understanding between the two countries. Students spend a month in Tübingen in a program designed to provide a broad spectrum of knowledge in a wide variety of subjects, from language to history to economics; as well as factory visits and sightseeing excursions which makes for an exciting month of multi-faceted learning.
Eligibility: The ideal candidate is someone who is eager to engage in group discussions and enthusiatic about group activities. He or she must also be able to act as a good ambassador for South Africa.
- Students who are in their second year or later
- Must have an overall aggregate of 60%
- Have not yet traveled abroad
- Must be able to travel to Germany for the month of January 2023
- Must be a South African citizen OR hold a valid South African study visa
- See also the terms and conditions on the electronic application
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Successful SU students qualify for a travel bursary to cover their flight expenses. The programme then covers your:
- accommodation with a German host family (including a small breakfast);
- lunch and dinner during the week at the local student canteen (Mensa);
- bus pass for the month of January valid in Tübingen and suburbs;
- internet access;
- study material (notepad, pens, etc.);
- seminars and classes;
- expenses associated with other, accompanying events and activities;
- expenses associated with official excursions and factory tours, including transport, entrance fees, meals, etc.; and
- extra warm winter wear, if needed.
As your contribution, you will be expected to cover:
- your registration/administration fees;
- the courier fees for your visa application, where applicable;
- your transport to and from the nearest airport in South Africa;
- your meals over weekends; and
- your pocket money (we suggest taking about €350–400).
Duration of Program: 4 weeks
How to Apply: To apply students can send their CV and two-page written motivation to [email protected] by 15 August 2022.