Law Economics and Governance International Talent Scholarship (LEG ITS) 2020/2021 at Utrecht University for Masters Studies
The LEG International Talent Scholarship (LEG ITS) programme offers a number of highly talented prospective students the opportunity to pursue a degree in one of the English taught Master’s programmes of the Graduate School of Law, Economics and Governance.
Application Deadline: 1st February 2020
Eligible Countries: International (non EU/EEA)
To be taken at (country): The Netherlands
About the Award: With this highly selective scholarship programme the Faculty wants to contribute and invest in talented international students who have shown the highest achievement in their career so far. This can be based on their academic quality and results from preceding education or from student’s societal engagement or career vision. Approximately 15 scholarships are awarded per year.
Eligibility: Eligible candidates are selected for a scholarship on the basis of the following criteria:
- The academic quality and results of the preceding education, as evidence, for example, by grades, test scores, publications, letters of recommendation;
- The student’s career vision, promise in the proposed field of study;
- The student’s societal engagement (e.g. extracurricular activities)
- The quality and relevance of the motivation letter;
- The quality of the application itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency)
In order to be awarded this scholarship students should:
- have a non-Dutch nationality;
- hold a non-Dutch secondary education degree;
- have been admitted to one of the Master’s programmes mentioned above;
- be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa if applicable;
Failure to meet one or more of these criteria automatically means the student is not eligible for this scholarship.
Number of Awards: Approximately 15 scholarships are awarded per year.
Value of Award: With the scholarship students will be able to cover the costs of the tuition fee and part of the living expenses.
- for students who will have to pay the statutory tuition fee (mainly EU/EAA student): €5.000
- for students who will have to pay the institutional tuition fee (most non EU/EAA students): €17.500
Duration of Programme: In a 2-year’s Master’s programme the scholarship will only be renewed for the second year if the student is making satisfactory progress towards the degree.
How to Apply: Students who apply for a UES will be automatically considered students who apply for a UES-LEGITS. Students who are not eligible for a UES (e.g. because they hold a EU/EEA citizenship) may be eligible for a UES-LEGITS.
After submitting an application for the Master’s programme, students will have the option to submit an application for an Utrecht Excellence Scholarship from the 1st of November.
- Submit an application for a Master’s programme; if you do not do this first, your UES-LEGITS or UES application will simply be deleted.
- After submitting an application for a Master’s programme, you can go to Osiris Online Application.
- Log in with your Osiris username and password.
- Click on the link New application.
- Answer the UES questions and upload the requested document(s).
- In contrast with a regular UES, for UES-LEGITS a top 10% ranking of your graduation class is not a criterium.
- Students who apply for UES-LEGITS only (e.g. because they hold a EU/EEA citizenship) must upload a general recommendation letter instead when asked for proof of top 10% ranking.
- Non-EU/EEA students who do have a top 10% ranking proof should also upload this as well because they may then qualify for both, UES and UES-LEGITS. Without this proof an application is for UES-LEG-ITS only.
- EU/EEA students can ignore messages they are not eligible because they don’t hold a non-EU/EEA citizenship
- Submit your application.
You will not be informed whether you have been awarded the scholarship prior to the scholarship deadline and not before you have been (un)conditionally admitted to the programme.
Applications arriving after the 1 February deadline will not be considered for a scholarship in the Master’s programme that starts the next academic year.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
25 Amazing Things You Should Do Before You Turn 25
25 Reasons You Should Study Abroad
25 Things You Didn’t Know About Studying In Italy