Study in Holland: ITC Excellence Scholarship Programme for Students from Developing Countries 2018/2019
A number of partial scholarships are available from the ITC Excellence Scholarship Programme, which will be awarded to applicants with a very good academic track record.
Application Deadline: 22nd April 2018
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To Be Taken At (Country): The Netherlands
About the Award: The ITC Excellence Scholarship Programme is available for excellent students applying for ITC’s
Master’s degree programme Geo-information Science and Earth Observation with specializations in:
– Applied Remote Sensing for Earth Sciences
– Natural Hazards and Disaster Risk Reduction
– Land Administration
– Natural Resources Management
– Urban Planning and Management-
– Water Resources and Environmental Management.
Eligible Field of Study (Students must have a Bachelors degree in): Agriculture, forestry and fishery, Architecture and town planning, Environmental Sciences, Mathematics and computer sciences, Natural sciences, Other, Transport and communication.
Eligibility: Additional requirements for the application for the ITC Excellence Scholarship Programme include:
– Residing in and being a national of a country listed on the OECD approved List of Recipients of Official Development Assistance
– Having completed the Bachelor’s degree from a well-acknowledged university outside the Netherlands
– Academic performance among the top 10%
– English: IELTS 6.5
– Relevant background for the intended field of study
– Not eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: As this is a partial scholarship, admitted applicants must be able to show that additional funding is available to complement the funding through this scholarship (i.e. covering all remaining fees and costs in full before the payment deadline).
Extra facilities: Next to the standard study programme in which the applicant will be enrolled:
- Students receiving an ITC-ES and who perform excellently during the course may be offered some additional academic research courses or workshops.
- Depending on the study and thesis research results, a selected limited number of students will be offered a 3-month study extension during which either a scientific paper or a PhD research proposal can be developed.
Duration of Program: 2 years
How to Apply:
- First, you must have applied for the ITC course of your interest through the on-line application system and have received an academic acceptance letter.
- If subsequently you are interested to apply to the ITC Excellence Scholarship Programme, you will have to send the completed application form.
Award Providers: University of Twente